2017 PREDICTIONS!

30 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

lol!... I heard the rooster crow., Ghost. I need to do something with that bird, as he's up before the crack of dawn making a racket. Its local noise pollution, I tell ya... haha!

Since are windows are usually closed, we can't here the ruckus from the hen house 1/2 a  mile away.

12 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I'm not feeling that last year.  I thought it was pretty unfocused and the supposed tie into their previous two was incredibly reaching and I called what they were going to do with the ending at the begininning of the season.  I got the show but I think it was being sold for a lot more than it was.  

It dissapointed me after absolutely falling in love with them in 2014 and 2015, glad that "trilogy" is over so they can focus on something new and hopefully incredibly fresh like 2015 was.   Something I felt like I had never seen before. They've got so many elements working for them.  Bocook needs no introduction, what Jackson is doing percussion wise is such a fresh voice in that idiom, love the aesthetic they always come up with, and program design has been pretty great 2 out of the last 3 years.  Maybe they'll be way farther ahead out the gate this coming year.  I feel like waiting for this amazing closer half the season that was pretty much the last two years closer was a big wait for something we'd already seen.  

I say that all with love though.  I wanted to love that show so much.  

Well at least they weren't boring; neither were Cadets or Cavaliers

Crown was boring, especially after they cleaned the show and changed the ending. It was a little less boring before they sucked all the anger and sadness out of the Medea snippets. Well performed and technically challenging but boring. Boring like Cadets 2014 boring. But the guard was really good! 

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Crown was boring, especially after they cleaned the show and changed the ending. It was a little less boring before they sucked all the anger and sadness out of the Medea snippets. Well performed and technically challenging but boring. Boring like Cadets 2014 boring. But the guard was really good! 

You're boring! Lol.

Honestly though, I don't see how anyone can say that show was boring. To each their own I guess.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I could maybe see how the show loses you in the middle, but the opener and closer more than make up for it.

Easily becoming my most listened to Crown show.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Thank you for the childish name calling!

That being said, asking a question is seeking justification and validation, but you know, call names and be pissy instead.

Also, you may not have noticed this is forum where people are free to write and respond. 

There's this fancy message option on the site for one-on-one conversations though, if that's what you seek.

Have a fabulous day!

Childish name calling?  If the shoe fits!   And you are wrong; asking a question like I asked, was noting more than asking why the poster thought what he did. Don't try to spin it.   It was nothing more than curiosity my friend.  And I agree,  the forum is where people are free to write and respond, but it doesn't mean one needs to feel compelled to offer unwanted or unneeded commentary such as  you did.  If you feel that you need to chastise or scold someone for asking a question you deem "seeking justification", then take your own advice and use the message option for a one on one conversation.  And talk about being pissy.  A little bit of the pot calling the kettle black.   

Beyond that, if I feel I am asking a simple question to a poster, I'll ask it.  I'm not trolling or baiting.  If the poster chooses to not reply, that's quite alright too.  Not a big deal. 

Have yourself a day too.

On 3/30/2017 at 1:39 PM, corpsband said:

I'd like to see BK move up into contention.  That would be FAR more exciting (to me) than having SCV and Cavies contend.( who after all have been there/ done that).  

Well, I'd be ecstatic to see Cavies contend again, but I'd also like to see Blue Stars move up into contention. They've been improving lately as well.

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

Well, I'd be ecstatic to see Cavies contend again, but I'd also like to see Blue Stars move up into contention. They've been improving lately as well.

Understandable (just like I want Crown to stay in medal hunt)  but I think BK is probably best poised  for the leap to contention.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chaddyt said:

I could maybe see how the show loses you in the middle, but the opener and closer more than make up for it.

Easily becoming my most listened to Crown show.

I think George was just chumming the waters a little.  He's been dropping a few Crown comments here and there but I refuse to take the bait (for now at least :ninja: ).  It's all in good fun.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, corpsband said:

I think George was just chumming the waters a little.  He's been dropping a few Crown comments here and there but I refuse to take the bait (for now at least :ninja: ).  It's all in good fun.

You know Crown is my number 2 fav after Cadets and I even sponsored a Crownbrass player for 2017 BUT I agree with George. Crown performed at an extremely high level in 2016 but I thought the show was "not typical Crown exciting" to be positive. Glorious brass line and stunning guard but the parts were stronger than the sum. Probably good they have some new blood on staff this year. 

Edited by Tobias

5 hours ago, corpsband said:

Understandable (just like I want Crown to stay in medal hunt)  but I think BK is probably best poised  for the leap to contention.  

I certainly saw a glimpse of that in 2015. Such a refreshing show.