Cadets 2017

3 minutes ago, E3D said:

Yes but the  tone was a biachch with the BOA and the wiggle. 

there's nothing wrong with it - there's just a LOT of it

Here's Cadets in concert at Texas Bandmasters convention on Friday - mad love

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

These BAC oldtimers think they are back in the parking lots of Newark fighting St. Lucy's and Blessed Sacrament corps. Either that or they have been meeting with Sam Adams too early in the day. Sounds like nerves to me over .05 of a point.

LMAO

Parades or parking lots? shall we say a McDonald's parking lot? Or a HO JOES? I like your reply. Very History channel like. 

Imagine Garfield without the demise of 27? But Garfield was well on the way to the Dynasty before that. But 27 was a good deal for them. 

The inter Mass melt down would have never seen BAC benefit from that. 

But what the hell do I know.... Im just some poor sap from the south. Ohhhhh no .... don't look now but were was that DM from back in 85 86 87? I forget. 

18 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

here you go - they were just perfecting it back in 2002 to great acclaim - HUGE in the BOA world now

Thanks. The part in the beginning when they are moving their heads I assume. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JKT90 said:

I'm not a huge fan of that. 

I agree. But what is it a nod or a chorus? I'm not fan of that either but yet someone felt the need to call someone out on one thing but yet the other.

Just now, Ghost said:

Singular maybe X instead of plural?

I just want to throw out there that "through the years" my 3 favorite corps are Cadets, Troopers and BOSTON :)

And I am talking all the way back to the 70s when I first starting following drum corps when I was like 8 years old - I frickin LOVED BAC - they were so bad ###

1 hour ago, E3D said:

I agree. But what is it a nod or a chorus? I'm not fan of that either but yet someone felt the need to call someone out on one thing but yet the other.

I think it comes down to good / appropriate design. The choir is quite appropriate to the Mass. Not sure what the movement stuff means in the Boston show - although I have a feeling the intent in the mind of the designers/members. I just don't know what the plume wiggles mean in regards to the Salem Witch Trials. JMO

In Star 93 they did some of this - it was in a large block (trapezoid shape) and was meant to represent wheat growing in a field blowing and turning the wind

Medea was a broom maker - the wooden poles in one part of the show and the twisting/waving plumes in the other comprised the "broom"

The triangles in the drill went to the jealous rage of the "love triangle"

That's all I'm getting at. I'd love the hear the context/background to the design - that team is way too talented not to have one.

Edited by George Dixon

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Singular maybe X instead of plural?

hmmmmmm NO x here brah. 

Edited by E3D

I don't see why people have to wish "X corps drops X far this year!" and then people respond with "Your X is so X, they're literally trash." etc. etc.

What happened to appreciating ALL corps? Wishing for something to happen to one group, or throwing shade at another, will just come to bite you later. IMO.

But, what do I know, I appreciate and like all corps. So. Yeah.

• Like 4