Cadets 2017

Maroon and cream, but will be more of a costume. Trying to tie back into recent Cadets history  

I'm intrigued....

26 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Marching 70 brass, 

This is the smallest brass line that the Cadets have had in many years. BUT... 70 seems large enough to do the job for them nonetheless, imo

14 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

Maroon and cream, but will be more of a costume. Trying to tie back into recent Cadets history  

I'm intrigued....

And Gold. 

14 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

This is the smallest brass line that the Cadets have had in many years. BUT... 70 seems large enough to do the job for them nonetheless, imo

They've had some smaller lines lately. They're still loud as hell. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, besson57 said:

getting help from the NY Phil to help arrange permission,  pay homage to modern Cadet history. I have an inkling about what that might mean, and can't wait to see if I'm right. 

Something from Bernstein, perhaps ? Just a shot in the dark anyway. The fact Cadets will be collaborating with the NY Phil this season and in 2018 leads me to think that its probably New York centric... which several of Bernstein's Music compositions are filled with stylistically, and geographically.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tobias said:

So from GH FB live:

cadets back to traditional colors of maroon, cream and gold. 

Marching 70 brass, 36 guard, 19 battery to allow for 8 vocalists. FE please calculate. Show music all finished with stops and gaps for Percussion, guard features but kids have it all. 

Transparency will return soon as music licensing agreements signed. Cadets will remain the transparent corps. 

Design team very ahead of schedule. Have had numerous meetings (many more than probably any past year due to them all living within an hour+ of each other. Visuals written, props designed, unis designed, moving along very well. As per GH.)

He will hold webinars every Sunday to keep us updated. 

Good stuff.

For those too tired to count, and including the 3 DMs, that means 14 in the pit.

More than enough, except when they have to push the equipment truck up hills, both ways, in the snow, in hot horrendous Texas heat and humidity.:laughing:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

... The fact Cadets will be collaborating with the NY Phil this season and in 2018 leads me to think that its probably New York centric... which several of Bernstein's Music compositions are filled with stylistically, and geographically.

And Besson57 said:

...Though he didn't say anything specific about the music, he did talk about getting help from the NY Phil to help arrange permission, how the rights holders didn't want mash ups, and talked about how they were going to try to pay homage to modern Cadet history. I have an inkling about what that might mean, and can't wait to see if I'm right. 

X sez:  Cadets have had a many year link to Winston Marsalis' jazz program at Lincoln Center through Cadet alum, and more recently YEA BoDer Roger Floreska's family. NY Phil plays just across the plaza. But the irony is that playing Tanglewood last season may have given more  gravitas to this year's request for help and adds nicely to the credentials besides all the Am Legion and DCI championships. While we await the 2018 Concert in the (Central) Park with the Phil, I am presuming there are many more behind the scenes stories, links, and personalities whose involvement in the process with the Phil would entertain the DCP winter posters for a good while. Meanwhile we begin the Gregorian Novena for good weather for that concert next year.

Edited by xandandl

58 minutes ago, Tobias said:

So from GH FB live:

cadets back to traditional colors of maroon, cream and gold. 

Marching 70 brass, 36 guard, 19 battery to allow for 8 vocalists. FE please calculate. Show music all finished with stops and gaps for Percussion, guard features but kids have it all. 

Transparency will return soon as music licensing agreements signed. Cadets will remain the transparent corps. 

Design team very ahead of schedule. Have had numerous meetings (many more than probably any past year due to them all living within an hour+ of each other. Visuals written, props designed, unis designed, moving along very well. As per GH.)

He will hold webinars every Sunday to keep us updated. 

Good stuff.

36 guard means only dropping the FE form 16 to 14.  only 70 brass kinda sucks but you gotta get those 8 vocalists from somewhere.

good summary of the fb vid.   items you missed:

• permission to use the music is actually approved from the copyright holder.  the hold-up on announcing is just signatures on paper.  
  • hornline will go to costumes instead of traditional military style

7 minutes ago, corpsband said:

36 guard means only dropping the FE form 16 to 14.  only 70 brass kinda sucks but you gotta get those 8 vocalists from somewhere.

good summary of the fb vid.   items you missed:

• permission to use the music is actually approved from the copyright holder.  the hold-up on announcing is just signatures on paper.  
  • hornline will go to costumes instead of traditional military style

If the last is actually what happens, will the DMs wear the traditional as in the last championship winning shows?  OR is this but part one of the solution George Dixon proposed last year about one set of clothes for shows and the traditional for parades, concerts, Finals Retreat? OR will the traditional uniform live on in C2?

Edited by xandandl

3 minutes ago, xandandl said:

If the last is actually what happens, will the DMs wear the traditional as in the last championship winning shows?  OR is this but part one of the solution George Dixon proposed last year about one set of clothes for shows and the traditional for parades, concerts, Finals Retreat? OR will the traditional uniform live on in C2?

no info in the vid on this.  i think the DM's will be in the new style as well.   carrying around the traditional uniforms for a few parades doesn't seem practical to me.  in addition to transport, you need to do fittings, etc...  maybe bring them out for local use?  

• Like 1