Cadets 2017

18 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Everyone just wants their corps to succeed, I understand being a little skeptical if you personally have been let down by the product/results but there is a point where you have to have a little bit of faith and hope that your team is doing good things and making the right decisions.  Even just a lil teeny tiny bit.  I understand some skepticism but it's pretty disheartening to see some people lose every last ounce of hope.  If people want to show a little bit of optimism let them, no one is saying this year they're going to bounce back and medal/win/etc. or saying they're going to have the best show ever.  It sounds like people who are in the know are seeing some positive things and for the time being they're liking what they're seeing, nothing wrong with that.  

And if you want to wait and see the proof in the show come June that's fine too, but jeez it's getting super heated on here as of late concerning people who are excited and people who don't wanna hear the hype in fears of it not coming to fruition.  I don't understand the attack on people getting a little bit excited in the offseason, I'm never scared to say something has me pretty pumped.  Maybe that's because the corps I am a fan of a little more than the rest have been doing pretty well as of late (Bluecoats, Santa Clara Vanguard, Blue Stars, The Academy, Cascades, etc.) but even when Blue Stars had a few years of rocky placement and show design decisions that did not bode well at all especially in 2012 I didn't let that make me think they were never gonna get back into finals.  I was a little cautious but still optimistic they'd fix it and they did.  I didn't march and I don't have any affiliation so I probably don't have any room to be talking about sticking through your team through some tougher times but I don't think a lil bit of hope and optimism ever killed anyone. 

Well if you are afraid of hype there is a really cool solution, its called the power button.

Edited by BoaDci
Im stupid.

Basically, the level of " hype " postings on DCP is far down in number from previous seasons, as its hard to " hype " silence which is WAY up this season from all across the Corps spectrum from previous seasons.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I find it fascinating to see people lambasting a FMM of the Cadets -- not a fan but someone who actually has a direct connection to corps -- for being cautious in his optimism.  It would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic.

I get it -- the Borg will be the Borg.  But to rake someone over the coals simply because they want stay off the bandwagon until they've seen the show is just absurd. </soapbox>

• Like 1

I'm not lambasting anyone, shortened version of what I said is if people wanna hype a little let them hype a little.  If people wanna wait and see let them wait and see.  But people holding each of those viewpoints telling each other how to handle their anticipation of the upcoming season is getting a little ridiculous.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I agree. Corpsband likes to archive things about as much as he likes to overstate things, it appears. For example he'd be hard pressed to find any Cadets fan or Alum from last winter that posted that after watching the Cadets in the offseason, that ( his charge claim on Cadets fans ) " the Cadets will be running away with things" ( a convincing DCI Title win last summer ). He thus just made it up, it would appear. Its pure fiction. Now.. if her can archive a post from a Cadets fan that posted that "The Cadets will be running away with the DCI Title " last summer, we'll rethink our position that he's engaging in anything more than pure fiction on this charge claim of his.

Of course I never said George (or any other fan) made such a statement.  But that's beside the point right?

What I said was George's hype could lead one to believe such a thing -- which is a FAR different thing. 

But don't let little details (like what I actually posted) get in your way :doh: 

Edited by corpsband

Just now, DrumManTx said:

I'm not lambasting anyone, shortened version of what I said is if people wanna hype a little let them hype a little.  If people wanna wait and see let them wait and see.  But people holding each of those viewpoints telling each other how to handle their anticipation of the upcoming season is getting a little ridiculous.  

Not directed at you, Celine.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Of course I never said George (or any other fan) made such a statement.  But that's beside the point right?

What I said was George's hype would lead on to believe such a thing -- which is a FAR different thing. 

Actually, I believe that the only people that concluded from reading of George Dixon's optimistic posts from last preseason on the Cadets that thought from his remarks that the Cadets would be ( your words above ) " running away with a DCI Title " last summer, was most likely just one person here on DCP............. YOU. Nobody else on here. He never predicted a DCI Title for the Cadets for last season.  Not once. Not anywhere on here, as a matter of fact.  Its not on the prediction thread from last season either, and he never predicted a DCI Title in his postings, let alone intimated the Cadets would be " running away with a DCI title ". That was YOUR  hyperbolic, mischaracterization of his rather undeniably optimistic, generalized postings.  My guess, noone else on here shares this assessment with you on what he was predicting for placement for the Cadets last seaaon. If they do share this assessment that he was posting that  " the Cadets will be running away with a DCI Title" in 2016, let them come onto DCP now and tell us they likewise interpreted his optimistic, generalized remarks the same way that, my guess, that only YOU assessed from him in this fashion. George Dixon called you a liar above for mischaracterizing his postings in this fashion. You'll have to take up that characterization by him of you, with him. I won't get in the middle of THAT, anyway ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Actually, I believe that the only people that concluded from reading of George Dixon's posts from last preseason on the Cadets that thought from his remarks that the Cadets would be ( your words above ) " running away with a DCI Title " last summer, was most likely just one person............. You. He never predicted a DCI Title for the Cadets. its not on the prediction thread from last season, and he never predicted a win in his postings, let alone intimated they'd be " running away with a DCI title ". That was YOUR hyperbolic, overreaction, to what he posted on here, in my view.... and yours alone on here, imo.

AGAIN,  I never posted that he'd said it or intimated it or anything else.

As for your beliefs about what other posters may conclude,  it surprises me little that you believe you know what everyone else thought.  You seem to have such visions all the time here on DCP.  On behalf of all posters, I'm sure I can say that we're all grateful you take the time to tell us all what we think. IMO of course.