Cadets 2017

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

They like my high school so much they're staying another night!  Thanks, Adam Hill for making that happen!  

yup, it's even on the tour schedule and is followed by a long ride to Missouri for the Kansas show on Monday night.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xandandl said:

yup, it's even on the tour schedule and is followed by a long ride to Missouri for the Kansas show on Monday night.

Good they can stay put, they need some long rehearsal blocks to clean 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ediker said:

One thing I noticed in Cadets' brass line is that it sounds like there are some trumpets with a beautiful sound in the upper register. Do the new changes highlight them at all?

yup.

There's a very nice push in the final 2 minutes now. The brass line sounds much more full and powerful than even a week ago. It's great to hear the growth

The thing to keep in mind about tonight is the Cadets are younger this year and just "absorbed" a lot of changes to their show. It may take a week or so of really tough rehearsal to get them where they start seeing some better scoring in comparison to the corps around them. IMO

I also saw all the changes that Bluecoats put in and that corps - with extreme talent and experience (for lack of better words) was able to really make the changes seem seemless and almost as clean as the rest of their program is. 

As far as Cadets there is only one small change in the closer that I don't love - it's a small banner (about 5 foot square) that has a cross on it - seem unnecessary. They drag it on and then crowd around it (so you can't see it anyway) and then it gets dragged back up to the front sideline and just lays therer. Really superfluous 

The other changes are really cool including a dramatic push and a surprise at the end of the show involving the back props and the guard.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

You'll like this, George. We stopped at the very good microbrewery in Romeoville. Metal Monkey. I got a tagabrew!

eCrEHn4.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

very cool! Enjoy the show tonight - I wish I really wish I was there. I will be watching on Flo!!

• Like 1