The Cavaliers 2017

2 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

BTW, sorry I can't be more descriptive.  There simply was so much going on in the show that I don't remember that much of the drill; only that they're great performers already.

I was more trying to analyse the music. The hornline has its own distinctive sound that no other corps sounds like.  Crisp trumpets, nice full baritone/trombone/tuba sound with mellos in where needed for flavor, and my it's a nice flavor!  I find it refreshing that they're finding their own sound much like BD, Crown, Gino lines, Phantom, and SCV have done.

Trust me, you've answered a lot and THANKS LOL....My big ask from this years Cavies was a big sound..the arrangements have been good lately, but have been thin and unlike the early 90's-early 2000's corps....I'm trying to avoid seeing the stream tomorrow, but I may peep in...I def can't wait to see it in the theater Thursday! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cavie74 said:

I haven't seen the show but...

In the Cavalier Alumni Facebook page they mentioned the timpani player wears a helmet during rehearsals because of all the action happening near him.

Interesting LOL 

20 minutes ago, The Greens said:

Trust me, you've answered a lot and THANKS LOL....My big ask from this years Cavies was a big sound..the arrangements have been good lately, but have been thin and unlike the early 90's-early 2000's corps....I'm trying to avoid seeing the stream tomorrow, but I may peep in...I def can't wait to see it in the theater Thursday! 

Thin sound has always been my complaint about the modern day Cavies. They've gotten a bit better in recent years but still not close to the fullness in sound that other top hornlines seem to have 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Cavie74 said:

I haven't seen the show but...

In the Cavalier Alumni Facebook page they mentioned the timpani player wears a helmet during rehearsals because of all the action happening near him.

They said he was wearing a helmet because of the danger of all the guard exchanges. Apparently they spend more time catching other guys tosses than their own.. which sounds pretty cool :)

• Like 3

There's a note on this sign about telling someone your best "man" joke, maybe it will make it into the show.

Guess we'll find out what that means tonight. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Today is the day!  Finally get to see what this show is all about.  

Me, too. Hoping it's relaxed, with good views and sound at Westfield HS.

I was going to try and wait for Thursday, but I'm in New Orleans at a conference and I'm not sure if my flight will be delayed, so I'm watching tonight as well LOL 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Greens said:

I was going to try and wait for Thursday, but I'm in New Orleans at a conference and I'm not sure if my flight will be delayed, so I'm watching tonight as well LOL 

You won't be disappointed in their performance!

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1