The Cavaliers 2017

Machine, XtraordinarY, Frameworks, and Niagara Falls stand out to me in terms of visual "wow" moments. I miss the old Cavies drill. 

• Like 3

My favorite thing about "Machine" is that there were no electronics, which makes the show even more impressive. 

• Like 2

A lot of those great drill segments of the 2000s were born in the eighties and nineties. Brubaker wrote spectacularly.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, wallace said:

A lot of those great drill segments of the 2000s were born in the eighties and nineties. Brubaker wrote spectacularly.

While Steve got much of the credit for the ideas which were usually written on half of a diner's paper napkin, it was Peter Van Dorpe, now a Chicago FD official, who charted all the ideas, made the adjustments before the MMs got the designs and what we now call dots, and did a great but quiet job of cleaning the Cavaliers. He stayed in Chicago when Brubaker started at Star, one reason Steve didn't last long there.  

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I believe The Cavaliers will place in the top 3 a lot sooner than anyone expects. It is going to be exciting to see what they do in the next coming seasons!

I can see the Cavs possibly moving into medal contention pretty quickly from here on out. There is a solid upward trajectory from them the last few years, and the show design has gotten stronger each of the last 3 years, imo. So it wouldn't surprise me should this occur.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

On 2/27/2017 at 6:54 PM, xandandl said:

While Steve got much of the credit for the ideas which were usually written on half of a diner's paper napkin, it was Peter Van Dorpe, now a Chicago FD official, who charted all the ideas, made the adjustments before the MMs got the designs and what we now call dots, and did a great but quiet job of cleaning the Cavaliers. He stayed in Chicago when Brubaker started at Star, one reason Steve didn't last long there.  

Steve has written for several groups during that time, and they were each unique. Brubaker didn't stay at Star or Bluecoats for reasons other than what you've implied.

Star went the Zingali route, and Cavaliers stuck with the Brubaker route. Nice of you to name drop, but Steve would be one of the first people to say it was a team effort at the Cavaliers. 

Edited by jjeffeory

12 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Steve was written for several groups during that time, and they were each unique. Brubaker didn't stay at Star or Bluecoats for reasons other than what you've implied.

Star went the Zingali route, and Cavaliers stuck with the Brubaker route. Nice of you to name drop, but Steve would be one of the first people to say it was a team effort at the Cavaliers. 

My dealings with Steve, the Cavaliers staff then, Star administration and staff   and the Van Dorpes has me stand by my words. You certainly are entitled to your opinion and experience about someone who was super talented and presented enjoyable shows.

Edited by xandandl

5 hours ago, xandandl said:

My dealings with Steve, the Cavaliers staff then, Star administration and staff   and the Van Dorpes has me stand by my words. You certainly are entitled to your opinion and experience about someone who was super talented and presented enjoyable shows.

I just don't want to see anyone sully any names or not give a DCI hall of famer the respect they deserve. My dealings with all those parties that you've mentioned circa 88 - 90 make me have a different perspective. What you say is partly accurate, but not totally accurate. I also don't see the point other than maybe something negative, so I'd like to leave it positive.  That's ancient history, and this thread is about The 2017 Cavaliers.

Just saying...

Incidentally, heard a clip from the last camp before it was very quickly taken down. Wow. They sounded great.  It's February. They're being super secretive just like everyone else.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

On 3/1/2017 at 0:36 AM, jjeffeory said:

I just don't want to see anyone sully any names or not give a DCI hall of famer the respect they deserve. My dealings with all those parties that you've mentioned circa 88 - 90 make me have a different perspective. What you say is partly accurate, but not totally accurate. I also don't see the point other than maybe something negative, so I'd like to leave it positive.  That's ancient history, and this thread is about The 2017 Cavaliers.

Just saying...

Incidentally, heard a clip from the last camp before it was very quickly taken down. Wow. They sounded great.  It's February. They're being super secretive just like everyone else.

That is fantastic! I am looking forward to hearing some type of announcement from the corps soon!

• Like 1