Carolina Crown 2017

well -- 3 friends all left at the same time. hardly half the staff. pretty bad exaggeration. and those 3 were given some really powerful motivation to jump all at once!

aungst was more of an advisor but he's not the whole percussion caption. and an entirely different departure.

3? A couple percussion guys, the whole guard staff, 3 major designers, the movement choreographer for the corps, and a couple visual guys I would say is close to half.

• Like 1

well -- 3 friends all left at the same time. hardly half the staff. pretty bad exaggeration. and those 3 were given some really powerful motivation to jump all at once!

aungst was more of an advisor but he's not the whole percussion caption. and an entirely different departure.

I don't think Crown is in a ton of trouble, but this can't be easy for them. It's definitely a bump in the road. I just don't get why we are pretending like nothing happened over there. Something happened and it is a bump in the road.

I'm sure they'll handle the bump well but not with complete ease.

• Like 1

3? A couple percussion guys, the whole guard staff, 3 major designers, the movement choreographer for the corps, and a couple visual guys I would say is close to half.

all for different reasons.

rosales left drum corps for a year

aungst left for his alma mater

potter,may,townsend -- yeah they left for Oz. good luck to them

techs come and go. you act like people never leave crown. happens every season.

you want to panic, go ahead. or you can wait and see if it's all a net upgrade.

Edited by corpsband

potter,may,towsend -- yeah they left for Oz. good luck to them

No one is saying panic. No one has said they are in deep crap. No one is saying they'll tank. In fact, most keep saying that this sucks for them but they'll probably be fine.

But it can't even be talked about without a couple people here getting overly defensive.

Get real? It was a 5th place drill design...trampolines...it was a poorly designed show visually. So you might want to 'get real dude.' But you missed my point completely...staffs can be the same from year to year and still put out shows that don't work.

FWIW, I like OOTW quite a bit more a couple of years on. Not my favorite show from that year, but better than fifth.

As for the staff chemistry, there might be one corps that has that figured out. It will be interesting to see what happens. As a brass player, they could do a brass program, barely make finals, and I'd still love it. ;)

No one is saying panic. No one has said they are in deep crap. No one is saying they'll tank. In fact, most keep saying that this sucks for them but they'll probably be fine.

But it can't even be talked about without a couple people here getting overly defensive.

everyone feels differently i guess.

i for one feel pretty optimistic. but hey -- that's just me :whistle:

potter,may,townsend -- yeah they left for Oz. good luck to them

Love you CB. A true homer pushes for his team no matter what and spins any situation in a good light. The bigger picture for me is your passion and loyalty. Makes you an important person to many people outside our little drumcorps family. Greatest quality in the whole world.

Corpsband gets a big 👍.

And Crown will find some great replacements on staff snd also be👍

Crown will be fine. Better than fine! Everything I've understood is they have a ton of depth in some of these visual roles and the changes will likely provide some fresh ideas at drill and some continuity of thought at guard. Percussion - there are people staying put that will hopefully allow their improvement to continue, I think that will be the case.