Carolina Crown 2017

3 hours ago, fishindoog said:

Crown just posted on Facebook that the next two days of rehearsals in Memphis are closed to the public for exciting additions!

Oh, come on Crown!  It's not like people were posting them on the internet or anything...

(oh wait)

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lameisrob said:

Crown has finally overcome judges' bias that the battery is never a contender and is finally taking them seriously.  Crown has now gone full circle.  Percussion pushed Crown into Top 12 in the '90s, Color guard has always been strong and now Brass is Jim Ott worthy every year. 

Last year's percussion was beating Bloo and others up until the week before Indy. I do agree that this years' is the best line since 2009 though, but Crown's placement could very well come down to how well percussion can hang in their top 3 spot and how high guard can climb. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crownisking said:

I really don't like when corps get all "super secretive" and close rehearsals to the public but since I know this thread is being monitored I'll quit while I'm ahead. :34_rolling_eyes:

Neither do I, I don’t get the point or the secrecy…it seems really  so jr high  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, defeldus2 said:

Last year's percussion was beating Bloo and others up until the week before Indy. I do agree that this years' is the best line since 2009 though, but Crown's placement could very well come down to how well percussion can hang in their top 3 spot and how high guard can climb. 

It will come down to how high the guard can climb, IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

Oh, come on Crown!  It's not like people were posting them on the internet or anything...

(oh wait)

Mike

I wonder if there will be anti aircraft artillery set up at their rehearsals in preparation for all the drones?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ndrudy2013 said:

It will come down to how high the guard can climb, IMO.

This. They can win visual proficiency and analysis, but as long as they keep getting lower than 4th in guard Bronze is their ceiling. Which is pretty awesome for a transition year If I do say.

36 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

This. They can win visual proficiency and analysis, but as long as they keep getting lower than 4th in guard Bronze is their ceiling. Which is pretty awesome for a transition year If I do say.

I want higher than a bronze, go for the Gold..but it's looking like Bronze is their ceiling.

2 minutes ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I want higher than a bronze, go for the Gold..but it's looking like Bronze is their ceiling.

I just wanted a great show with killer brass that I'll still be listening to by the time next year begins. Needless to say I'm happy :thumbs-up:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

I just wanted a great show with killer brass that I'll still be listening to by the time next year begins. Needless to say I'm happy :thumbs-up:

Me too. I highly recommend to go to Chester next week if at all possible. The sound from all corps is Awesome in that stadium, especially Crown :biggrin:.