Carolina Crown 2017

Don't put much stock in tonight's guard placement, really. They're the weak link right now but the demand is there and regardless of judging or a bad run, I would put money on them ending up much higher. Other than that, we're in an extremely competitive position and the rest of the season is looking mighty fine across the board.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, defeldus2 said:

Don't put much stock in tonight's guard placement, really. They're the weak link right now but the demand is there and regardless of judging or a bad run, I would put money on them ending up much higher. Other than that, we're in an extremely competitive position and the rest of the season is looking mighty fine across the board.

Absolutely.   Only 5/100's behind BAC's guard that many are so very high on.   I agree.  Move on and upward.

• Like 2

Can't be too upset at the guard score as I know what I saw and they're better than 8th. Honestly I love this show. The changes in the vocals have fixed practically all my problems. I don't care much for show themes and storylines but I think they have the strongest one this year. The deconstruction elements are very clever and easy to see unlike the story last year. Percussion is as good as 2009 and Brass is up there with 2013/2012. Sorry but CrownBrass>everyone else. Color guard isn't what they where the last two years but theyre still really strong in my eyes view. Jeffs drill is fantastic for Crown and they have plenty to clean on that front. Sorry for those that thought they would get 5th or 6th, Crown isn't stopping for anyone.

• Like 7

We just might be able to pull this off! If the guard can get it together and the percussion keeps working at it they could very well bring home the gold! Keep at it Crown! Keep shutting the haters down!

• Like 2

On 7/22/2017 at 1:17 AM, crownisking said:

I don't necessarily disagree with your thinking but just because a show works without electronics doesn't mean that the use of electronics can't further enhance it. The gap between a show "working" without electronics and "not needing them one bit" is a substantial one, IMO.

Crownisking, you make a valid point.  I have no problem with electronics enhancing any show.  My issue are shows relying too heavily on them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brass Lover said:

Can't be too upset at the guard score as I know what I saw and they're better than 8th. Honestly I love this show. The changes in the vocals have fixed practically all my problems. I don't care much for show themes and storylines but I think they have the strongest one this year. The deconstruction elements are very clever and easy to see unlike the story last year. Percussion is as good as 2009 and Brass is up there with 2013/2012. Sorry but CrownBrass>everyone else. Color guard isn't what they where the last two years but theyre still really strong in my eyes view. Jeffs drill is fantastic for Crown and they have plenty to clean on that front. Sorry for those that thought they would get 5th or 6th, Crown isn't stopping for anyone.

I would like to see the guard move up to 4th-5th next week in ATL, they need to show some improvement for Crown to win the gold. NoOne is going to touch their Brass line, they are just WOW, can't wait to see them in Chester and Allentown and then I'm off to Indy. Oh and the top 3 are on a whole different level IMO and anyone of the 3 can win, hopefully CROWN. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I would like to see the guard move up to 4th-5th next week in ATL, they need to show some improvement for Crown to win the gold. NoOne is going to touch their Brass line, they are just WOW, can't wait to see them in Chester and Allentown and then I'm off to Indy. Oh and the top 3 are on a whole different level IMO and anyone of the 3 can win, hopefully CROWN. 

I wouldn't necessarily say "no one is going to touch their brass line" when you have a corps just .2 behind at the current moment :)

I think people seem to forget that since Crown's first Ott in 2009, they've won the award 4 out of 7 years. A very formidable and impressive record, but they're certainly not untouchable! 

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I wouldn't necessarily say "no one is going to touch their brass line" when you have a corps just .2 behind at the current moment :)

I think people seem to forget that since Crown's first Ott in 2009, they've won the award 4 out of 7 years. A very formidable and impressive record, but they're certainly not untouchable! 

Fair enough, they been winning Brass all season and I just don't see anyone beating them, IMO.

• Like 1