Carolina Crown 2017

The recaps make for some interesting reading... Cavies with high guard is a bit of a surprise as for me it was Boston all night long, but MAN... how the heck is Crown scoring so low in guard.. EIGHTH?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

I wouldn't necessarily say "no one is going to touch their brass line" when you have a corps just .2 behind at the current moment :)

I think people seem to forget that since Crown's first Ott in 2009, they've won the award 4 out of 7 years. A very formidable and impressive record, but they're certainly not untouchable! 

If you ask me, any judge that puts someone else over Crown brass right now, has a hearing problem. That could change by finals if SCV or BD really get going, but I just don't see it happening. Guard on the other hand....yikes :(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DasTuba said:

If you ask me, any judge that puts someone else over Crown brass right now, has a hearing problem. That could change by finals if SCV or BD really get going, but I just don't see it happening. Guard on the other hand....yikes :(

But I didn't ask you :peek::biggrin:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

How were the vocals different in San Antonio?

More balanced for one.  Also, since the ending was added, there is more time to get into the flow of the change from the first half of the show.   Also, I feel this is one show that the more you see it (judges included), the more realize just how good it is.  Perhaps the fans have had to catch up with what the judges have been seeing all along.

• Like 1

Not sure if it was by accident or design, but really loved how Crown brought out the football helmet tarp for last night.   This wasn't in the previous show, but was in the show before that.    Perhaps they will be tossing stuff out on the field from one show to the next.  If so, it would seem to fit right in with what IT IS is, or might be IS.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I wouldn't necessarily say "no one is going to touch their brass line" when you have a corps just .2 behind at the current moment :)

I think people seem to forget that since Crown's first Ott in 2009, they've won the award 4 out of 7 years. A very formidable and impressive record, but they're certainly not untouchable! 

5 out of the last 8yrs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flguardman said:

5 out of the last 8yrs. 

Crown has the cleanest brass line.  BD is still .2 behind with a fairly dirty hornline.  Calling it now is just ridiculous.   

50 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

And, in just a day shy of 3 weeks, 6 out of 9.    

If true.. and Crown wins the Brass Title 6 out of the last 9 years, but only has one DCI Title to show for it, it just demonstrates how the Titles now are a bit more skewed to the Visuals/ Guard than in previous eras in DCI. But.. like they say... things change.. and Corps like BD have figured out Staging, Visuals, Guard and have parlayed that into 1st/ 2nd place finishes almost each and every season now in this New Age in DCI.

SCV brought Michael Gaines back to SCV... and voila.. they are in a Title hunt. Rennick can produce DCI winning drumlines from now till the cows come home at SCV, but it wasn't until SCV brought in Gaines ( Visuals ) that SCV is now back into medals contention, and now even a Title contention.

Edited by BRASSO