Carolina Crown 2017

I really don't like when corps get all "super secretive" and close rehearsals to the public but since I know this thread is being monitored I'll quit while I'm ahead. :34_rolling_eyes:

I am looking forward to seeing what they have in store do us. Bluecoats are still a very serious threat to knock Crown off the podium so hopefully whatever they've got will be effective.

• Like 4

They are losing ground on SCV and Bluecoats are right on their heels, so maybe the exciting additions are the exciting subtractions some fans are looking for. I myself really like the show so any new additions will make the show even better for me personally. I'll see the changes next week in Chester and Allentown.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wog said:

For me 2009 is the benchmark for Crown's percussion... I think this might change this year.  I get to see them live twice over the next week so very excited about that.  

Crown has finally overcome judges' bias that the battery is never a contender and is finally taking them seriously.  Crown has now gone full circle.  Percussion pushed Crown into Top 12 in the '90s, Color guard has always been strong and now Brass is Jim Ott worthy every year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crownisking said:

I really don't like when corps get all "super secretive" and close rehearsals to the public but since I know this thread is being monitored I'll quit while I'm ahead. :34_rolling_eyes:

I am looking forward to seeing what they have in store do us. Bluecoats are still a very serious threat to knock Crown off the podium so hopefully whatever they've got will be effective.

Although true, what sometimes happens is someone visits a late-season rehearsal and feels the need (and the right) to share what the kids are working on with the masses - after being explicitly asked by the corps that the use of photo devices are prohibited.    The few ruin it for the many.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ndrudy2013 said:

They are losing ground on SCV and Bluecoats are right on their heels, so maybe the exciting additions are the exciting subtractions some fans are looking for. I myself really like the show so any new additions will make the show even better for me personally. I'll see the changes next week in Chester and Allentown.

I'd be surprised if they did any subtractions but you can almost count on the ending changing. Realistically, I think 3rd is Crown's ceiling. They aren't going to catch SCV and I've felt that way for a while now. Then there's BD. No one is going to catch them. 

Edited by crownisking

10 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Although true, what sometimes happens is someone visits a late-season rehearsal and feels the need (and the right) to share what the kids are working on with the masses - after being explicitly asked by the corps that the use of photo devices are prohibited.    The few ruin it for the many.   

My opinion on video sharing probably isn't all that popular and it's already gotten me in hot water once this year with Crown. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, crownisking said:

I'd be surprised if they did any subtractions but you can almost count on the ending changing. Realistically, I think 3rd is Crown's ceiling. They aren't going to catch SCV and I've felt that way for a while now. Then there's BD. No one is going to catch them. 

Yeap, let's see what happens after the Atlanta show, I just hope they have a killer ending. I just love watching and listening to them live.