Carolina Crown 2017

14 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

If true.. and Crown wins the Brass Title 6 out of the last 9 years, but only has one DCI Title to show for it, it just demonstrates how the Titles now are a bit more skewed to the Visuals/ Guard than in previous eras in DCI. But.. like they say... things change.. and Corps like BD have figured out Staging, Visuals, Guard and have parlayed that into 1st/ 2nd place finishes almost each and every season now in this New Age in DCI.

SCV brought Michael Gaines back to SCV... and voila.. they are in a Title hunt. Rennick can produce top drumlines from now till the cows come home at SCV, but it wasn;t until SCV brought in Gaines ( Visuals ) that SCV is now back into medals contention, and now even a Title contention.

Also, consider that both Gaines and Sacktig have had less than a full season with their new respective corps. Both are Hall of Famers and will, no doubt, continue to push the design aspect for SCV and Crown.   If so, both corps will continue to be in the hunt for years to come.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

Just now, drumcorpsfever said:

Also, consider that both Gaines and Sacktig have had less than a full season with their new respective corps.    Both are Hall of Famers and will, no doubtedly continuing to push the design aspect for SCV and Crown.   If so, both corps will continue to be in the hunt for years to come.

Gaines at SCV...... yes, for sure

Sactig at Crown... iffy at best, imo.

Gaines is a far better Visuals creator than Sactkig, imo.... as good as Sacktig is.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Gaines at SCV...... yes, for sure

Sactig at Crown... iffy at best, imo.

Gaines is a far better Visuals creator than Sactkig, imo.... as good as Sacktig is.

We'll see.  I wonder If one of these guys just might feel they have a little more to prove than the other - and that's a good thing.   Both are outstanding in their own right.

As for Crown, 99% of any corps would gladly accept  1 Gold, 3 Silvers, 1 Bronze, 5 brass titles, a guard, music, and visual titles, GE too, (I'm sure I'm missing some other stuff without researching the resutls) over the past decade.  Combine alll of that with having extremely fan-friendly shows.   We'll see what this year brings.  It's just another medal, another Ott, another music title... ho-hum!!!   :)

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Flguardman said:

5 out of the last 8yrs. 

Did you read my comment at all? 

One other thing about Gaines - I wonder how much initial design was done by him.   After all, he was officially added to SCV in April.    Drum corps has changed an awful lot since his Cavalier days - in spite off his continued work after Cavies. As a fan, I'm glad he's back.    

Edited for:

But, this is a comment better placed in the SCV thread.

...Now back to Crown!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

Let's not count are chickens before they hatch yes? In 2014 Crown was destroying Blue Devils in brass most of the season, but we know how that turned out...

Edited by Brass Lover

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Did you read my comment at all? 

Yes I did just adding last yrs Ott to it!

20 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

Let's not count are chickens before they hatch yes? In 2014 Crown was destroying Blue Devils in brass most of the season, but we know how that turned out...

BD was incredible that year, but Crown brass was robbed in 2014 and I'll stick to that until my dying day.

• Like 3

Just got tired of this thread languishing on page 2 without you-know-who around to keep it moved up.

Carry on.

• Like 3