A criticism

What is written below are words I wrote in response to a Jeff Ream topic "Complaint's". I thought I would create it as a topic for discussion. In doing so I only ask that you not reply accusing me of being a curmudgeon....because I ain't. Also I feel the need to state that this is written as constructive criticism so please don't reply with criticism towards me for being critical. Also, in writing this I am aware that my words could possibly hurt the feelings and lower the self-esteem of all the kiddies who worked so hard this summer.

They say every art form eventually ends up in a realm of absurdity because it simply has no place to go. Is this the state of today's Drum Corp? When art becomes alienating it either turns people away or causes it audience to convince themselves that what they are experiencing is indeed art and not some pursuit of the silly that caters to a select group.

Where are your Cheerios? I have to pee...oh wait, did someone already do that?

• Like 2

They say every art form eventually ends up in a realm of absurdity because it simply has no place to go.

Is this the state of today's Drum Corp?

When art becomes alienating it either turns people away or causes it audience to convince themselves that what they are experiencing is indeed art and not some pursuit of the silly that caters to a select group.

First sentence above. 1) Who is "they"? 2) What does this even mean?

Second sentence (question)? Who can tell? ... see comment on 1)

Third sentence. I assume this is your statement. But I still do not understand it. It sounds like words mashed together to sound profound. But it is what I call nonsense. There is no meaning to it.

Maybe it would be clearer if you could suggest examples of what you are referring to.

What is written below are words I wrote in response to a Jeff Ream topic "Complaint's". I thought I would create it as a topic for discussion. In doing so I only ask that you not reply accusing me of being a curmudgeon....because I ain't. Also I feel the need to state that this is written as constructive criticism so please don't reply with criticism towards me for being critical. Also, in writing this I am aware that my words could possibly hurt the feelings and lower the self-esteem of all the kiddies who worked so hard this summer.

They say every art form eventually ends up in a realm of absurdity because it simply has no place to go. Is this the state of today's Drum Corp? When art becomes alienating it either turns people away or causes it audience to convince themselves that what they are experiencing is indeed art and not some pursuit of the silly that caters to a select group.

Or is the alienating self inflicted for a number of resons

No specific's necessary, it's obvious.

Pamaho, I have the feeling that many of the written words that are out there sound all mashed together for you but thanks for trying to break it all down for everyone.

No specific's necessary, it's obvious.

Pamaho, I have the feeling that many of the written words that are out there sound all mashed together for you but thanks for trying to break it all down for everyone.

Actually, specifics would help.

I'm actually taking this seriously.

I'm not convinced the first sentence is true or who the "they" is who says it and believes it.

I can think of any art form that has "no place to go". Maybe you can offer an example of an art form wherein this is true.

One thing I thought of is a case where it ISN'T true. Some people might have said the Broadway-style musical had no place to go, but it's constantly finding new places to go, as Hamilton proved this year to thunderous success. It even expanded the Broadway audience by incorporating a different musical genres not usually associated with the standard Broadway audience.

I have friends who work in the visual arts and there are always new places to go there. So, what art form has entered the realm of the absurd that prompted this?

• Like 1