Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

1 minute ago, afd said:

Don't forget the Mandarins. They are having their best year so far in World status. 

Oh i haven't. I have been posting in the Mandarins thread and their show threads. Mandarins are boss this year. Praying they can snag that 12th spot.

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 3

Just now, Chief Guns said:

Oh i haven't. I have been posting in the Mandarins thread and their show threads. Mandarins are boss this year. 

Thanks . Going tonight to see them and BDB And SCVC. This just might be a west coast sweep.!

• Like 3

Just now, afd said:

Thanks . Going tonight to see them and BDB And SCVC. This just might be a west coast sweep.!

**** yea!! Mandarins sent me flying out of my seat in Riverside. Didn't get a chance to see BDB and SCVC as they haven't came to SoCal yet. 

• Like 2

Anyone else getting a sneaking feeling they're NOT gonna add that much more drill? :innocent:

Definitely feels like a closer's coming, but other than that, I really wonder... I don't think it'd be unreasonable for the staff to think the show mostly needs to be cleaned, not amended.  Problems I'd previously had are disappearing as the corps sells it better.

Also, TJ is definitely going to be kicking the rifle line's butt all summer, keep them in your thoughts, lol. They're still making a lot of weird errors, moreso than any other part of the guard elsewhere in the show. "Bumblebee" is killer. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Anyone else getting a sneaking feeling they're NOT gonna add that much more drill? :innocent:

Definitely feels like a closer's coming, but other than that, I really wonder... I don't think it'd be unreasonable for the staff to think the show mostly needs to be cleaned, not amended.  Problems I'd previously had are disappearing as the corps sells it better.

Also, TJ is definitely going to be kicking the rifle line's butt all summer, keep them in your thoughts, lol.

Image result for thinking gif

Maybe.  Crown has gotten away with more choreo than drill in the past, so it's definitely doable.  I just think they would be shooting themselves in the foot if the do that.  I think drill wise the members could probably handle alot more than what theyre getting, so we'll see.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

BD is currently tied with the high score and is 4-0 against SCV, and quietly lurking out west out of sight out of mind.

Crown is currently tied with the high score but is 0-3 against Bloo.

Bloo is 3-0 against Crown but just lost to SCV.

SCV just beat Bloo but is 0-4 against BD.

And the Cavies and Cadets who are 5-6 have 17 titles between them and better not be overlooked. 

And BAC and BK are preparing to crash the party. 

So who is out in front? THEY ALL ARE OUT IN FRONT LOL. WHAT A SEASON SO FAR!!!!

Thanks for not forgetting Cadets and Cavies. 

I know some people are sour on the religious tone of Cadets' show; I'm not a believer, but I don't care about that because it's undeniable that religious art can be extremely evocative and powerful. That's the point! Great show, IMO.

And: Cavaliers with the Close Encounters shout-out!!!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Image result for thinking gif

Maybe.  Crown has gotten away with more choreo than drill in the past, so it's definitely doable.  I just think they would be shooting themselves in the foot if the do that.  I think drill wise the members could probably handle alot more than what theyre getting, so we'll see.

They can handle anything. But can DCP handle having nothing to gripe about?

I say: let em dance, it keeps this place interesting. :)

• Like 4

Just now, saxfreq1128 said:

They can handle anything. But can DCP handle having nothing to gripe about?

I say: let em dance, it keeps this place interesting. :)

Oh believe me, people like Standing O will find something to gripe about with BD. No matter what BD does. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I know some people are sour on the religious tone of Cadets' show; I'm not a believer, but I don't care about that because it's undeniable that religious art can be extremely evocative and powerful. That's the point! Great show, IMO.

To piggy-back specifically on this note: it can be...uncomfortably religious...in an odd way, to those who are religious.

I took my girlfriend to her first live show in Lynn this past Tuesday. We're both Jewish (in fact, she's starting divinity school in the fall).

We were both mildly uncomfortable with how much we liked the Cadets show. Because, well, it's pretty #### Catholic...but it's so well done. Very well put together.

(For now, anyway. I reserve the right to change my mind if the new closer is a Catholic version of the 2014 ending. Because...no. Please, no. Please, for the love of all things Holy Name, just no.)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

(For now, anyway. I reserve the right to change my mind if the new closer is a Catholic version of the 2014 ending. Because...no. Please, no. Please, for the love of all things Holy Name, just no.)

Having seen what is on the backside of the stained glass props when someone had it flipped around as they exited the field last night, let's just say what they have planned for the end is not going to be subtle. If they add anything additional, like dragging out big banners of gold or white, the spectacle could definitely approach the "full Oprah" from 2014. 

• Like 2