Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

I could be wrong, but the night before family night, they always have a full run through with uniforms. On family day, I believe everyone is in full uniform for the full corps picture.

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Glendora CA show 2014, there was a guy sitting behind me and after BD blew the house down with Fellini, he said he didn't like it. Another guy politely asked him why and he said it's because BD performed it and they will win. He went on to say if any other corps did Felliniesque, he would be throwing babies maximum distance. So he didn't have a issue with the show. He had a issue with who was performing it. And there are a lot more people like him, especially here on DCP. BD is a victim of their own success. You win enough, people want to see you fail. If you haven't won anything, we will jump on your back and scratch and claw you all the way to the top. And when you win we will cheer and love you. But if you stay at the top and create a dynasty racking up title after title, watch how quickly that love turns to hatred.

That is so very sad.  So close minded. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Glendora CA show 2014, there was a guy sitting behind me and after BD blew the house down with Fellini, he said he didn't like it. Another guy politely asked him why and he said it's because BD performed it and they will win. He went on to say if any other corps did Felliniesque, he would be throwing babies maximum distance. So he didn't have a issue with the show. He had a issue with who was performing it. And there are a lot more people like him, especially here on DCP. BD is a victim of their own success. You win enough, people want to see you fail. If you haven't won anything, we will jump on your back and scratch and claw you all the way to the top. And when you win we will cheer and love you. But if you stay at the top and create a dynasty racking up title after title, watch how quickly that love turns to hatred.

Greatness is only ignored by those who aren't great.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Wait really? I could've sworn we got pictures of BD's crazy guard uniforms on the same day as their actual uniforms last year (the one with the giant Shakespeare head cape)

I seem to recall seeing photos before Family Day, but the past few years, when hey perform the  corps has been in full uniform, but the guard was all in black tights and shirts. May not meaning anything for tomorrow, but that's what I saw in the recent past. 

• Like 1

given the name of the show and what I have seen so far I am guessing there is going to be uniform changes.

from the run at Mars Thursday night this show is going to be much better visually than I first thought.  The prop guy really out did himself this year =!  Those stair cases are welded together and they have a separate truck just for the 14 stair case things.

musically it is off the hook.  once they clean this...WATCH OUT!

I am grateful to be an alumni.  The new young staff is going to do great! (administrative staff. as the corps staff hasn't changed) lol

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, flammaster said:

given the name of the show and what I have seen so far I am guessing there is going to be uniform changes.

from the run at Mars Thursday night this show is going to be much better visually than I first thought.  The prop guy really out did himself this year =!  Those stair cases are welded together and they have a separate truck just for the 14 stair case things.

musically it is off the hook.  once they clean this...WATCH OUT!

I am grateful to be an alumni.  The new young staff is going to do great! (administrative staff. as the corps staff hasn't changed) lol

I read somewhere online (reddit) about the uniform change through out the show, I heard of the colors gong to be used with the uniform changes but i don't want to say what i read. That's interesting i guess as you explain to go with the theme is one of the element of the visual representing the evolution, oops! should say Devilution from past, present and to the future. This show sounds really difficult, but its sound like a real visual treat that will match both music and theme overall. I just cant wait to see it.

• Like 1