Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

10 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I wasn't so sure first time I saw them march it Memorial Day but found out they just learned drill.

Now they look great.

C corps snare line is seriously playing some notes!

B corps has Andrew from last year teaching snares. They played Ditty on field warm up and it's clean.

Andrew is one of my favorites.  I love his energy.

10 hours ago, Dmiggles said:

The lick at timestamp 7:33 goes is CRAZY high on trumpet.  Javier and whoever the other upper split is, are doing WORK.

Edited by BoaDci
  • Like 1

I think BD is going to have a fabulous and stately show this year. Can't wait to see the whole thing a little cleaner. 

• Like 3

For as long as it's taking the uniforms I bet they are going to be great!

the really incredible part of BD Brass is the whole program not just A corps.  

But wow what an A corps hornline!

I walked up on a few players doing some work and asked how many baritones there were in B corps.  These guys were C corps players.  I guess euphoniums are just too big for some of them.

each year that goes by just gets better!

Oh and the Special Needs Color Guard left nary a dry eye in the house!

its a family thing 

John Meehan is doing a fine job molding a program that he himself went through and now it's just incredible!

• Like 4

What little I saw in that video left me speechless. Its phenomenal! That opener though... can only imagine when cleaned up. It's soooo goood. I am not exaggerating.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Who writes (or dreams up) BD's drill? 

Blue Devils, if anything, has a strict and innate understanding of the structure of live event production. I worked in the music business for over a decade, and the way you design a live concert is the same, regardless of music style. BD gets this at a molecular level, everything ties into the basic structure of the show and supports each act. Which means everyone understands that each act has a purpose, and a focal point that pays it off and into the next act.

Crown is similar to this, it's a big reason they have climbed so quickly to medalist. Academy seems to understand this as well, and with more talent and consistency with people sticking around, I think they will continue to climb in popularity.

But no one does it like BD.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Who writes (or dreams up) BD's drill? 

Jaime Holly since 1997. He also does the drill for the Academy.

Maybe it was from a BD360 video but I remember someone saying that they don't really use dot books much. They instead get directions on what to do and they let the movement be as organic as possible