Olympics closing ceremony

There were some very cool moments in the opening ceremonies, and the stuff in the closing ceremony produced by Japan was very cool as well. Japan will revolutionize the ceremonies in four years.

Olympics by candle light?

AFAIK they still haven't turned most of their nukes back on. So those temporary measures to save power have become permanent.

I enjoyed the show. I kept wondering why the visual team wasn't holding horns!

I also thought the field projections were effective and I dug the brazilian ballet set.

Edited by luv4corps

There were some very cool moments in the opening ceremonies, and the stuff in the closing ceremony produced by Japan was very cool as well. Japan will revolutionize the ceremonies in four years.

. I'll watch the one in two years. I don't know why I didn't watch. I don't even know where the next Winter Olympics are.

The opening and closing ceremonies felt pretty low budget once you got past the initial wow factor of the projection. There were just way too many extended music segments that ultimately felt like filler. Which they no doubt were.

But that tree at the end of the closing ceremony was amazing!

Ditto on Japan, thought that stuff was really cool.

Not sure how I feel about the olympics after hearing the horror stories of corruption on the committee level. Plus, it is obvious otherwise underfunded countries are being extorted to produce outlandish ceremonies and facilities to get the olympics, and then are dumped the moment the closing ceremonies end. Seeing the photos of Serajevo are just gut wrenching.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/haunting-pictures-of-the-abandoned-sarajevo-winter-olympi?utm_term=.hy7D4m44Z#.sw3vBkBBm

The Olympic ceremonies produced by and in China were the stuff of legend, but just gaudy excess at a level previously never imagined. I absolutely love productions on that scale, which is why I love drum corps, but the olympics have become the symbol of gross negligence at an awesome level.

• Like 1

Not sure how I feel about the olympics after hearing the horror stories of corruption on the committee level. Plus, it is obvious otherwise underfunded countries are being extorted to produce outlandish ceremonies and facilities to get the olympics, and then are dumped the moment the closing ceremonies end. Seeing the photos of Serajevo are just gut wrenching.https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/haunting-pictures-of-the-abandoned-sarajevo-winter-olympi?utm_term=.hy7D4m44Z#.sw3vBkBBm

The Olympic ceremonies produced by and in China were the stuff of legend, but just gaudy excess at a level previously never imagined. I absolutely love productions on that scale, which is why I love drum corps, but the olympics have become the symbol of gross negligence at an awesome level.

. Honestly, the stories of corruption kept me away. I watch a few events. Gymnastics, Track and field, and the men's basketball championship. That was about it.