2017 Blue Stars

21 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I feel like there was some chatter after 2015 that Saucedo was going to step away from the Blue Stars. Then he seemed to "surprise" some folks on here that he came back for 2016. I *feel* like I read on here or otherwise heard that the corps had to coax him back for 2016. Is this right or am I losing it?

There was rumors of him going back to Cavies in 15. You are not crazy!

4 minutes ago, Lance said:

love is so not the subject of any part of the great gatsby, lol

but i'm intrigued by this show. blue stars have had some of my favorite music of the past decade. 

Isn't the whole thing about a guy in love with a married women. Someone dies when they try to prove it and so on. 

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Isn't the whole thing about a guy in love with a married women. Someone dies when they try to prove it and so on. 

Daisy rejects Gatsby to stay with her "old money" ogre of a husband because her socioeconomic status is more important to her than Gatsby is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lance said:

Daisy rejects Gatsby to stay with her "old money" ogre of a husband because her socioeconomic status is more important to her than Gatsby is. 

But isn't that the definition of "star crossed"? Love prevented by other forces?

• Like 1

Just now, kdaddy said:

But isn't that the definition of "star crossed"? Love prevented by other forces?

it's a term invented by shakespeare to describe romeo and juliet

the star crossed lover story has subsequently been a staple for the past 4 centuries, and it's always about how much 2 individuals are willing to sacrifice for each other despite being torn apart by outside forces

the story of daisy and gatsby is its antithesis. it's what those pesky lost generation modernist authors do to romantic narratives. 

• Like 1