2017 Blue Stars

1 hour ago, Lance said:

it's a term invented by shakespeare to describe romeo and juliet

the star crossed lover story has subsequently been a staple for the past 4 centuries, and it's always about how much 2 individuals are willing to sacrifice for each other despite being torn apart by outside forces

the story of daisy and gatsby is its antithesis. it's what those pesky lost generation modernist authors do to romantic narratives. 

Fitzgerald wrote "The Great Gatsby" because he needed the advance money.  He stole a lot of the book from his wife Zelda's diary. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

That guard is going to need a lot of work. They definitely look like the achilles heel of the corps, this year. The brass and percussion are firing on all cylinders! 

Hard to tell from the video angle. The guard is talented. I don't think this video really shows much guard wise.

That's a fun opener. Neat music arrangements, and I appreciated the mellos playing a little Tchaikovsky in there! Visually it looks like a doozy, although the camera's not very high and the video quality isn't great. Also, I'm not sure what the tables are supposed to mean (yet, I hope). Looking forward to hearing the rest of the show.