2016 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Preliminary Competition

Big change in ranking for Hurricanes ,from 11th place and the exbition spot to 13th and out of the top 12. .Congrads to Skyliners for grapping the exbition at finals tonight,

Edited by Florida Sun

I sense a stunned silence today.

There's no doubt, discussion is limited this DCA Championship Weekend. I mean, without even a broadcast, many posters can't respond with their own thoughts about last night. Cadets2 becoming the first corps to outscore Buccaneers this season is big news, but there were a few other surprises up and down the event. I was hopeful to read some "morning after," eyewitness reports. No Prelims Recaps to pour over, either.

Imagine what the weekend would be like without Kevin Gamin and the Drum Corps Planet team! I was home watching college football all day with a laptop to keep up as best I could. Probably some chatter on Facebook, but I'm not interested in registering and participating there.

Agree with Jeff Ream and others, had there been a pay-per-view option, I would have purchased it again.

Edited by Fred Windish

The reason for no recaps from Prelims is the same rationale used by DCI this season perhaps ?

How was attendance at Prelims ?

I too would have purchased the Prelim live streaming had it been offered.

Edited by coloradocorp

There's no doubt, discussion is limited this DCA Championship Weekend. I mean, without even a broadcast, many posters can't respond with their own thoughts about last night. Cadets2 becoming the first corps to outscore Buccaneers this season is big news, but there were a few other surprises up and down the event. I was hopeful to read some "morning after," eyewitness reports. No Prelims Recaps to pour over, either.

Imagine what the weekend would be like without Kevin Gamin and the Drum Corps Planet team! I was home watching college football all day with a laptop to keep up as best I could. Probably some chatter on Facebook, but I'm not interested in registering and participating there.

Agree with Jeff Ream and others, had there been a pay-per-view option, I would have purchased it again.

There would have been an uptick in impulse buys too

The reason for no recaps from Prelims is the same rationale used by DCI this season perhaps ?

How was attendance at Prelims ?

I too would have purchased the Prelim live streaming had it been offered.

DCA has never released prelims recaps until finals started.

DCA IS KILLING IT SELF OFF

All the disgruntled folks in this thread missed one hell of a drum corps show last night. Scores and placements aside, it was easily on of the most entertaining lineups from top to bottom since I've been actively watching and participating in DCA, and the quality of the corps in the Top Ten is heads and shoulders above any I've seen live or on video (going back a long, long time).

• Like 1