Atlanta show site 2017

According to a post on Dan Potter's FB page, the plan is to be the 1st event held in MB stadium.

If that works out, it could generate some helpful local PR for DCI, as Atlanta TV, radio, and print would presumably cover the first use of the new stadium.

If that works out, it could generate some helpful local PR for DCI, as Atlanta TV, radio, and print would presumably cover the first use of the new stadium.

But that is what was promised at Indy for LOS but the unions thought Peytom Manning should be first.

I wonder what the number of seats the concert side of the stadium needs to accommodate for the event. And why does it have to be in Georgia.

I wonder what the number of seats the concert side of the stadium needs to accommodate for the event. And why does it have to be in Georgia.

Georgia (and especially Atlanta) is a marching arts hotbed. Some amazing marching bands have come out of the Atlanta area, namely Harrison, Kennesaw Mountain, and (going back several years) Lassiter, just to name a few. Also, it's the hometown of Spirit of Atlanta. That pretty much explains the reason why Atlanta is so important for a DCI event.

Around 17,000 fans attended the event last year, so I'm gonna bet the home side of the stadium needs 10,000+.

Georgia (and especially Atlanta) is a marching arts hotbed. Some amazing marching bands have come out of the Atlanta area, namely Harrison, Kennesaw Mountain, and (going back several years) Lassiter, just to name a few. Also, it's the hometown of Spirit of Atlanta. That pretty much explains the reason why Atlanta is so important for a DCI event.

Around 17,000 fans attended the event last year, so I'm gonna bet the home side of the stadium needs 10,000+.

Also its the largest metro area in the southeast.

Not 100 percent positive, but I believe Georgia Tech's field was artificial turf back in 1984. It's now grass, which could be an issue.

Yes, it was turf in '84.

Ouch.

Didn't mean to be disparaging, but it is true that they are currently a shell of the band that won Grand Nationals a couple times in the late '90s and early 2000s.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

Didn't mean to be disparaging, but it is true that they are currently a shell of the band that won Grand Nationals a couple times in the late '90s and early 2000s.

As a 2002 member, totally agree. :smile: Marching that show also set my expectations way too high for music books in drum corps, turns out not everyone is Jay Bocook...