Crossmen 2017

On 8/2/2017 at 5:46 PM, MikeRapp said:

It's because BK is being bludgeoned by Phantom in guard scores. Knights have the superior horn and percussion, but phantom doubled down on guard this year and they are reaping the benefits.

Define "bludgeon."

jz62MEj.jpg

It's unlikely BK is going to surpass PR's guard scores, but since the changes during Swamp Tour, the guard gap has narrowed consistently. It has helped BK pretty much catch up to PR in overall visual:

j9xkJGe.jpg

Again, I don't imagine BK will put much daylight between themselves and PR in the visual caption, but if they can stay even, they can lean on their music and GE scores to do the job.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman

4 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

Two judges who didn't score them high in Chester also judge Allentown.  Kelly and Prosperie. 

When Prosperie judges nearly everyone sees it as the truth. The man with the correct scores and best tapes comes from the Hellcats. If it looks like he dumps one Corps and favors another it's because night to night he gives an honest read of every line (plus front).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

the alumni corps sounded good!

Blue Stars took the lead back during the show though.  They were very good on Friday.

Nothing settled yet, and the gap to Phantom is decreasing for both Crossmen and Blue Stars.

If I'm right about BS + X passing PR then there's about 20 guys on this forum that owe me an apology. 

On 8/4/2017 at 7:57 PM, littlejaw said:

When Prosperie judges nearly everyone sees it as the truth. The man with the correct scores and best tapes comes from the Hellcats. If it looks like he dumps one Corps and favors another it's because night to night he gives an honest read of every line (plus front).

If that's the case, he saw an improved percussion line in the Crossmen. Their score from him improved quite a bit. 

2 hours ago, ComeHomeShane said:

Did X make any final changes?

As far as I can tell, the key change was adding color to the frames of the props. They made other changes before the Chester show. 

• Like 1

I didn't get a chance to examine the sheets closely until now.  Their highest placement was in Music Analysis (9th).  Besides that, there were a few 10th place captions and a few 11th.

IMO, probably the most crucial caption to where they place in Indy is GE 1.  I know GE is just GE, except for who is judging.  In Allentown, this was two judges who usually judge music.  There was a big difference of opinion between the two judges in Allentown--17.40 and 16.65.  No other corps had that big of a difference.

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 1