Crossmen 2017

On 8/1/2017 at 2:12 AM, ComeHomeShane said:

I've been saying Crossmen catch Phantom since early June and have heard nothing but nay-sayers... To be honest, I've been very surprised that PR has been neck and neck with BK all season. BK has been on the next level from PR since day one.. TBH I wouldn't be surprised to see Blue Stars AND Crossmen catch PR... 

It's because BK is being bludgeoned by Phantom in guard scores. Knights have the superior horn and percussion, but phantom doubled down on guard this year and they are reaping the benefits.

• Like 1

Saw the corps for the first time live. Even though I was low on the 24 yard line, it was an incredible performance  I thought they were on fire. 

I was honestly shocked by the low score and I hope the corps shrugs it off and turns in another strong one at Allentown 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

Saw the corps for the first time live. Even though I was low on the 24 yard line, it was an incredible performance  I thought they were on fire. 

I was honestly shocked by the low score and I hope the corps shrugs it off and turns in another strong one at Allentown 

After Stars got an 86 a couple days ago and PR and BK with like 87+ recently I expected them to be up there.  Guess the only tell will be the spreads at Allentown between Stars and Phantom to see if it was an off night.

Musically, I enjoyed Crossmen's show very much. They have a lot of dynamic nuance that is beginning to get phased out of many top-tier corps' design vocabularies, and their sound is extremely well-balanced. That said, I can't buy into the visual design at all. There is seemingly no relation between the guard/props and the music, or the theme of the show. "Enigma" might as well be about the visual program itself; why were these design choices made? It's an enigma... Sorry, I'm not buying it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barigirl78 said:

1.5 from Phantom is a good score... they were 3.5 behind at San Antonio.  Raw score not relevant.  Going on first with the lineup at this show, the raw score was going to take a hit.  No cause for concern IMO :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

1.5 from Phantom is a good score... they were 3.5 behind at San Antonio.  Raw score not relevant.  Going on first with the lineup at this show, the raw score was going to take a hit.  No cause for concern IMO :)

Do solo's count big in the scoring?