Is Atlanta in or out?

5 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

#TheWife just made an interesting observation:  "I hope the Directors are in Atlanta talking to the owners of the new Dome."

Have we heard anything new?

Latest from the stadium is a July 30th opening (one day after the date of the regional) with an MLS soccer game. Looks like the stadium would have been ready BUT the soccer game is easily moved to Georgia Tech (which they will be using until the stadium is ready.  Not as easy to move a drum corps show.  

And now some neighbors are whining that the glass roof of the new stadium is reflecting too much sunlight into their homes and businesses, so who knows what kind of delay that could cause if anyone decides to take the whining seriously.

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/holding-powerful-accountable/mercedes-benz-stadiums-future-a-little-too-bright-for-some-neighbors/394079591

31 minutes ago, oldsoprano said:

And now some neighbors are whining that the glass roof of the new stadium is reflecting too much sunlight into their homes and businesses, so who knows what kind of delay that could cause if anyone decides to take the whining seriously.

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/holding-powerful-accountable/mercedes-benz-stadiums-future-a-little-too-bright-for-some-neighbors/394079591

lol there's always someone to complain about something.   not a chance in inferno that will cause a delay.  they'll buy her some polarized windows.  

1 hour ago, corpsband said:

lol there's always someone to complain about something.   not a chance in inferno that will cause a delay.  they'll buy her some polarized windows.  

Pay for her sun screens which go on the outside.  They work great out here in the SW.  Doesn't she believe in gaining passive solar from the heat?  Put down some sun absorbing flooring.  If she's been there for five years, having the sun hit your windows is great during the Winter.  By Spring, the sun glare will be less and  moving elsewhere.  

Edited by Ghost

15 hours ago, Ghost said:

Pay for her sun screens which go on the outside.  They work great out here in the SW.  Doesn't she believe in gaining passive solar from the heat?  Put down some sun absorbing flooring.  If she's been there for five years, having the sun hit your windows is great during the Winter.  By Spring, the sun glare will be less and  moving elsewhere.  

I'm not sure where you hail from, but this is the South.  We get our Winter exercise running back and forth to our thermostats to switch from A/C to heat and then back again several times a day. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

I'm not sure where you hail from, but this is the South.  We get our Winter exercise running back and forth to our thermostats to switch from A/C to heat and then back again several times a day. 

As typed above, the SW, specifically SW Utah.  I should have referred to them as solar screens.  

8 minutes ago, Ghost said:

As typed above, the SW, specifically SW Utah.  I should have referred to them as solar screens.  

Ah, OK.  I lived a number of years while in the USAF in Colorado.  Our house didn't have A/C because, you know, "It's a dry heat."  We still sweated every summer. 

8 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Ah, OK.  I lived a number of years while in the USAF in Colorado.  Our house didn't have A/C because, you know, "It's a dry heat."  We still sweated every summer. 

Was home A/C even available way back then?  I mean, you are an older "dude".

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

I love the "dry heat" explanation.  My oven is a dry heat.  Hot is hot, dry or "wet".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Was home A/C even available way back then?  I mean, you are an older "dude".

Actually, it was.  Until the hamsters got tired and the ice wagons stopped delivering.