2017 Seattle Cascades

5 hours ago, DCIat14 said:

Seriously!!  These are going to be amazing shows!!  Hillsboro, OR (OC's home show) - Shoreline, WA (Cascades Home Show) - Tri-Cities, WA (Columbians Home Show) - Boise, ID - Casper, WY - Denver, CO are going to get spoiled this year!!  Okay - maybe Denver does every year, but still...those of us in the Pacific Northwest are SO excited!  

World Class - Hearing great things coming out of OC & Cascades!  Both are putting so much dedication and skill in to their shows!  OC adding Tim Snyder to the line-up has really boosted their horn line.  Haven't seen a show, but hoping to!  Cascades?  Keep an eye out for Cascades - this is a pretty tight knit group this year & it's coming through in their playing!  Blessed enough to attend a rehearsal and they are most certainly on the upswing!  It's time for this corps to be 'Set Free' from the past & fly!  BK & BD?!  We missed BK last year and are so excited to have them back!  BD?!  Um...YES!!!  There aren't even words!  

Open Class - These corps are fun, talented, & always bring something great to the table.  Columbians is a strong competitor with innovative shows, talented musicians, & serious heart!  Their last few shows have been phenomenal!  Roll On Columbians!!  Battalion was great right out of the gate!  No longer in their rookie year, they are sure to bring something wonderful to the table.  Golden Empire looks and sounded great in CA!  Open Class is going to be a super fun competition to watch in the PNW!

...plus we are spoiled by great weather and the most spectacular sunsets :)

We in the PNW don't get lineups like this very often.  That is for SURE.  

I haven't seen/heard Cascades yet but I love their show title/theme and source music.  Really looking forward to seeing them next Friday!  I enjoyed their past two shows very much.  There is excitement building around this group.  It's really nice to see corps from these here parts getting some love.

I have heard OC and yes, hornline is sounding G R E A T.  Gigantic improvement from beginning of All Days.  I was quite taken aback actually.

Edited by luv4corps

First of all, sounds WINDY!!!

I really enjoyed the Cascades in Denver in 2014.  Despite their size they had their best show in a few years and that little hornline could PUSH!  Last year in Broken Arrow was like seeing a completely different corps, way bigger, more mature in all regards, and incredibly engaging.  IMO based on that periscope feed it looks like that is continuing this year.  It seems like the next logical step in terms of difficulty and program depth.  Really enjoyed that, looks like they probably have the last tid bit of the show to add on but it looks and sounds really solid.  Along with what I've seen of Oregon Crusaders and what I've come to expect out of Columbians the Pacific Northwest drum corps scene is pretty awesome right now.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

First of all, sounds WINDY!!!

I really enjoyed the Cascades in Denver in 2014.  Despite their size they had their best show in a few years and that little hornline could PUSH!  Last year in Broken Arrow was like seeing a completely different corps, way bigger, more mature in all regards, and incredibly engaging.  IMO based on that periscope feed it looks like that is continuing this year.  It seems like the next logical step in terms of difficulty and program depth.  Really enjoyed that, looks like they probably have the last tid bit of the show to add on but it looks and sounds really solid.  Along with what I've seen of Oregon Crusaders and what I've come to expect out of Columbians the Pacific Northwest drum corps scene is pretty awesome right now.  

You're right about the wind - ugh!  I will say though, it may it bearable to sit outside the sun :)

I'm SO excited for this corps!  They are producing some GREAT sounds early on!  A little drill cleaning might be needed, but that shouldn't take long.  I agree with you - it's time to put PNW on the map as being a force to be reckoned with!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Bold prediction: Cascades top OC tonight.

That would be a huge boost for this corps!  They've worked SO hard (I know, they all do...)  Hoping to see sparks fly tonight!

37 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

OH MY GOD! What a huge step up they took this year!!!!!!!!

I've been heavy on the Cascades band wagon since 2014 when they started their #newcascades movement and have been so so so dedicated to building a terrific staff that stays, building numbers, producing a smarter design every season, and just plain getting better while laying a fantastic base. The sky is truly the limit for this corps. Take note, anyone else who this might happen to: THIS IS HOW TO REBUILD A CORPS!

Seriously. Is it even possible to believe that this is the corps that fielded 6 or 7 guard members in 2013, didn't break a 70 all season in 2012, and had to go inactive for a year in 2008?!?! Wow. Four years of solid growth and they're rewarded with another show that will be super audience friendly and will jump them in end-of-season placement and numbers for the fourth year in a row.

Edited by Jake W.
  • Like 2

The size of the corps has really grown over the past few years.  It's a nice show.  Are the marching band programs in the Northwest starting to grow?  How are the guard programs in that area?