2017 Uniform Thread

2 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

Kind of like the White helmet before, but we might get the use of both in the show?

They're using both
Edited by DawsonBurnes

The leaked image from a couple weeks ago was slightly different. It didn't have the elbow pads or holsters.

And the black area above the chevron logo was solid black, not divided into 4 parts.

Also it showed both black and white helmets. White might be for the drum majors, but we'll see

35 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

That's the first sketch of theirs I've liked in a good while.  Fits the theme phantastically.  

I think it's bada$$. I'm of the Less is More school of thought so would ditch one of the holsters. Phantom hasn't really embraced Less is More since 1996 imo. 

1 minute ago, littlejaw said:

That could be cool if they are insinuating the use of both!

The show description mentions a battle between reality and imagination. My guess is white = reality and black = imagination/ghosts or something of that like.

• Like 1

The Cavaliers removed the sash on the performance uniform last season and I didn't realize during performance.

• Like 1

Just now, littlejaw said:

The Cavaliers removed the sash on the performance uniform last season and I didn't realize during performance.

I wish Phantom at the very least would include some sort of shoulder overhang like in the older uniforms (late 80s, entire 90s, early 2000s)

6 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

I wish Phantom at the very least would include some sort of shoulder overhang like in the older uniforms (late 80s, entire 90s, early 2000s)

They've taken part in the shoulder dangle thingies and I didn't like those (which was mostly the sentiment here on dcp) I'll reserve final judgement and what I would tweak until I see the uniform on a marching member.

• Like 1

Cadets are wearing Maroon and Gold again.

Blue Devils are wearing Black and Gray, and at the end they will be in pink, yellow and orange.

Phantom Regiment will have alternating black and white uniforms, like Angels and Demons Cadets.

SCV will not only have a pants color change, but an entire uniform change during their show. Traditional style to "Bluecoats" style.

Bluecoats are back in their helmets and cop uniforms.

Boston Crusaders are wearing a very traditional military uniform, and coincidentally, like SCV switching during the show to a WGI type uniform.

• Like 1