2017 Uniform Thread

8 minutes ago, palmettomello said:

Phantom- mix of uni/costume. Their social media was teasing whether or not there will be helmets.

There will be. Both black and white helmets for a Cadets '11 feel

Will be interesting to see whether BD is going to switch over to the jumpsuit type of costumes that are starting to become popular anytime soon. They're often the trendsetters in DCI so I'll be surprised if they end up following along. Maybe they'll go in a different direction altogether 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Will be interesting to see whether BD is going to switch over to the jumpsuit type of costumes that are starting to become popular anytime soon. They're often the trendsetters in DCI so I'll be surprised if they end up following along. Maybe they'll go in a different direction altogether 

Trust me it's a different direction 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Oh, my heavenly days. Zoinks!

KIldxjL.jpg

lol, something tells me we're going to see a lot of experimentation this year.  some will be good, and some not so good. 

cadets are at their best when they make everybody say WTF about their decisions. doesn't always work, but when it does, it's a championship show more often than not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Trust me it's a different direction 

I bet it's this:

2380329-halo4_2.png

With their 2017 program: Arby n' the Chief...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sandonovan said:

I bet it's this:

2380329-halo4_2.png

With their 2017 program: Arby n' the Chief...

Lmaooo the first few seasons of that YouTube series was great

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Lmaooo the first few seasons of that YouTube series was great

I know, but as with every great thing it came to an end.

9 minutes ago, Sandonovan said:

I know, but as with every great thing it came to an end.

My favorite episode is still the one where Chief ruins that wedding 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, palmettomello said:

Thoughts: I marched 6 years ago and loved putting on the full uniform and shako. That year, Crown and Scouts debuted short sleeves and I was shocked because not much else was out there in uniform design. Personally, I am not a huge fan of this wgi-based trend for DCI. I like to be able to identify corps based upon their history and not necessarily what they are putting on the field that season. Following the activity since 2006, this is the first "progressive" DCI trend I have not been really enthused about. I understand the financial, movement, and GE reasons behind it but I have always appreciated a division between the winter and summer programs. The activity overall is about kids having the opportunity to do something amazing and putting on an entertaining 11 minute production. Therefore, I will not bash a corps based on what they wear this season (even if it is a skirt on the corps proper!). Man, this post made me feel like an old timer complaining about switching from bugles, adding electronics, and voice! Just another perspective from someone that aged-out not that long ago.

I personally believe that the wgi-based uniforms are now where it's at...

Can't put pandora back in her box.  One of the justifications that I am just waiting to hear is that the costumes are cooler than the traditional uniforms. I'm saying that at the moment because it's hot and humid and I am trying not to turn on the AC just yet here in sunny Southern California...

Personally, if we can make it through any brass and thunderous goo, we can make it through costumes.

Some will be truly hideous, and some will be cool.

• Like 1