Heard there was a rumor in dispute and you needed proof

1 minute ago, LabMaster said:

The point is, I was asking a question.  You seem overly sensitive about that.  It was nothing more than asking you about something you intimated knowing about.  That's all.  You are right, maybe Ms. Coates SHOULD provide something but you said it was a "policy" then you said Ms. Coats said they are "permitted under terms widely used as standard practice".    So that begs the questions: who is permitting this?  And where is it shown to be standard practice?

I'd love for the OP to get a copy of the contract, but why does it seem that NO ONE can get a copy of a contract?  NO ONE!  How about Ms. Coates show the contract?  How about anyone show a standard or specific corps contract?  This would put all the armchairs lawyers to rest.

I think most feel contracts are private to each corps BUT Im sure those who have an issue with this should have a copy. Now if they dont want to show it to the public one MIGHT think there is way more behind it. Just sayin.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LabMaster said:

The point is, I was asking a question.  You seem overly sensitive about that.  It was nothing more than asking you about something you intimated knowing about.  That's all.  You are right, maybe Ms. Coates SHOULD provide something but you said it was a "policy" then you said Ms. Coats said they are "permitted under terms widely used as standard practice".    So that begs the questions: who is permitting this?  And where is it shown to be standard practice?

I'd love for the OP to get a copy of the contract, but why does it seem that NO ONE can get a copy of a contract?  NO ONE!  How about Ms. Coates show the contract?  How about anyone show a standard or specific corps contract?  This would put all the armchairs lawyers to rest.

In the old DCI website I knew where to get the "For Parents" file where the policy is specifically stated to prospective members.

In this new website I can barely find the schedule, let alone the parent-Q&A file.

This is not a new policy!  It's been around for, literally, decades.  Maybe Google will help find it...

Sorry, your sincere question came at a moment when I was deflecting arrows from others who were less authentic in their demands to be angry.

• Like 1

Wow! I have not been on here since August and this was the top post!... and 15 plus pages in a little over an hour?  :fight:

See you in 4 months or so DCP!!!!

:whistle:

6 minutes ago, garfield said:

Sorry, your sincere question came at a moment when I was deflecting arrows from others who were less authentic in their demands to be angry.

maxresdefault.jpg

THIS directly from Crown's site just a moment ago (emphasis mine):

• What if I still owe money to the last corps I marched with? Unfortunately, you will not be permitted to participate in Carolina Crown until you have fulfilled all financial commitments to any previous drums corps you have participated in. This is a Drum Corps International policy and there are no exceptions.

Edited by garfield
insert link
  • Like 2

Just now, garfield said:

This directly from Crown's site just a moment ago (emphasis mine):

• What if I still owe money to the last corps I marched with? Unfortunately, you will not be permitted to participate in Carolina Crown until you have fulfilled all financial commitments to any previous drums corps you have participated in. This is a Drum Corps International policy and there are no exceptions.

This has nothing to do with scholarships granted for a previous season IMO. I don't think anyone here is disputing that any financial commitments in terms of member fees must be fulfilled.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Liahona said:

This has nothing to do with scholarships granted for a previous season IMO. I don't think anyone here is disputing that any financial commitments in terms of member fees must be fulfilled.

But not all corps honor this....continually..maybe this is why there are more stipulations when awarding a scholarship to members. Just sayin

imo this needs to be honored across the board , winter to summer, summer to fall, fall to winter etc etc

Edited by GUARDLING

3 minutes ago, Liahona said:

It does if the contract the Crown member signed stipulates that the scholarship needs to be repaid if they leave the corps.

Problem is, we just have a contention but no proof because the OP has not provided a contract.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Liahona said:

False. It most certainly does. As some have argued, the term scholarship may take on different meanings. So if someone was given financial assistance under the title "scholarship" then this most certainly holds true.

• Like 2