Heard there was a rumor in dispute and you needed proof

4 minutes ago, Lance said:

it all started when corps began calling dues "tuition"

opened the floodgates for threads like this and other hysterical stuff like transfer policies

A spade is a spade...

10 minutes ago, garfield said:

Wow, this post exposes a ton about your true feelings.

Your perception of the situation is sharply affected by your bias.

You can call it whatever you like to call it...I will always fight against something that I feel is an injustice...people that know me well that is part of my moral compass...so don't presume that you know my feelings...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, garfield said:

)

There's so dam much "IF" in this thread, it's astounding. 

I'll say. Some of the posters on this thread that are making " if " assumptions on here wouldn't know any of the former marchers and/ or parents that got stuck with this unexpected bill from CC if they rode with them on an office elevator 100  times ( haha!). Not only do many of them not know even just one side of the story.. they know nothing about EITHER side to the story ( lol!). But this does not prohibit them from doing dozens of " if " scenarios in their mind and on their keyboards, and making all sorts of value judgments and substantive assumptions on things that they know virtually nothing at all about ( lol!) I agree. It is rather astounding ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Liahona said:

That is fine and no disrespect taken...I've just about had it with all the lies from certain individuals...perhaps I've blown a gasket and need a time out...but so many posters who were not in the room as you've alluded here...keep pouring onto these forums a bunch of hooey that is just flat out false...opinions are fine...but outright falsehoods spread IMO are not.

If you're alluding to me Liahona, it's OK to say so.  I've got the thick skin.

If you're alluding to me, I only ask that you provide the evidence.  I will gladly pick up a pitchfork if it's demonstrable that there's been a harm.

Don't misconstrue MY posts as lies; they're just fictitious examples of possible alternative explanations.  Nothing else and not unlike your explanation of the circumstances.

You want us to believe your explanation is the true one, but there is no evidence beyond your description to back the claim

My allegiance is to the activity overall, so don't also presume that I'm either a Crown or Cadet honk.  

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

If you're alluding to me Liahona, it's OK to say so.  I've got the thick skin.

If you're alluding to me, I only ask that you provide the evidence.  I will gladly pick up a pitchfork if it's demonstrable that there's been a harm.

Don't misconstrue MY posts as lies; they're just fictitious examples of possible alternative explanations.  Nothing else and not unlike your explanation of the circumstances.

You want us to believe your explanation is the true one, but there is no evidence beyond your description to back the claim

My allegiance is to the activity overall, so don't also presume that I'm either a Crown or Cadet honk.  

With all due respect the world does not revolve around you or me either for that matter...not alluding to you at all...but if you'd like me to make you feel important..I can do that...lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, corpsband said:

replying with a picture instead of the word "Spin" ?  seems a bit more thoughtful to me.

perhaps the boston guard staff member who started this thread will ask for it to be closed :ninja:

Hmm...  And the intrigue deepens...

Not.  It all actually becomes a little clearer.

15 minutes ago, Liahona said:

With all due respect the world does not revolve around you or me either for that matter...not alluding to you at all...but if you'd like me to make you feel important..I can do that...lol

OMG, thank you, No.  I sure don't need for you to make me feel important, but I appreciate you showing empathy for my possible feelings.

I sure don't get your anger, though.  The post you replied to was simply recognizing that you might be sensitive to naming names, but I see you're not that sensitive.  That's fine.  No need to create an explanation of my feelings to substantiate your anger at the situation.  

2 hours ago, corpsband said:

perhaps the boston guard staff member who started this thread will ask for it to be closed :ninja:

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

Hmm...  And the intrigue deepens...

Not.  It all actually becomes a little clearer.

I'm not sure what is becoming more clearer...BUT...Because I have no clue who the OP is for that matter...corpsband may be 100% correct in his supposition...he may also be 100% incorrect as well...He has presented no evidence to support this claim and IMO is pure speculative bias...and nothing more...his unfounded inkling of trying to guess the motive behind the OP's response to the call for evidence about the topic "Crown Asks For Migrated Kids To Pay Back Scholarship $$$?"...is abundantly clear...What I do find interesting is that many have tried to turn the discussion into a Crown versus Boston discussion to deflect from the truth that is quite evident...

14 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I'm not sure what is becoming more clearer...BUT...Because I have no clue who the OP is for that matter...corpsband may be 100% correct in his supposition...he may also be 100% incorrect as well...He has presented no evidence to support this claim and IMO is pure speculative bias...and nothing more...his unfounded inkling of trying to guess the motive behind the OP's response to the call for evidence about the topic "Crown Asks For Migrated Kids To Pay Back Scholarship $$$?"...is abundantly clear...What I do find interesting is that many have tried to turn the discussion into a Crown versus Boston discussion to deflect from the truth that is quite evident...

I'd like to know YOUR evidence that I am just speculating and biased?

People who've read my posts here might conclude that there I might indeed have some very reliable sources in multiple corps.  But putting that aside, what I find interesting is your attempt to make it seem as if I have some agenda against BAC.  

While I am indeed nauseated by the whining victimization being played out by the Boston Crusaders on this forum,  I don't really care one way or another about the corps.   I've occasionally liked their shows and occasionally didn't.  Know kids who marched there and stayed.  Know many more who marched there and left.  

When you ran out of arguments you just started labeling people "Spin".

And when you ran out of that,  you started attacking posters personally.  

I find that pattern ...  interesting.

Edited by corpsband

4 hours ago, corpsband said:

So...to summarize.

Some corps (NOT in the G7) 

1. Performs a show mocking the G7.  
2. Comes into some cash.  Actually a lot of cash.
3. Hires away staff from two G7 corps.  Pays ..ahemm.. generous wages to new staff.
4. Tries to hire even more of their staff but were told to #### off.
5. Celebrates how awesome these hires were publicly.
6. Staff from one of the corps convinces 20 caption-winning kids to jump from a medalist corps to the one that squeaked into finals by offering considerations of little-to-no fees having to be paid.
7. Cries foul when logistical issues offer said G7 corps a reason to skip a show.
8. Cries foul when members from one of the corps owe money to the original corps and said corps tries to collect said debt.
9. Cries foul when any talks mean about them because they are innocent of everything.
10. Cries foul when it's pointed out to them they're just playing the victim card.

OK -- got it.

Anymore crying?  We should get that all out of the way in one place.  

Have there been any more evil acts inflicted upon the victim?

Or is it time to get down off that cross?

Perhaps it's time to...

3 hours ago, corpsband said:

And honestly i was neutral to positive on BAC -- my posts will prove it -- until this orchestrated victimhood campaign.  It's nauseating.   So yeah -- no longer neutral.

So, how is the top post "neutral to positive on BAC--my posts will prove it?"