Phantom Regiment 2017

And even this year, the Bluecoats "Downside Up" theme really meant nothing, and frankly didn't even relate to anything they were doing.

I'm not sure I understand this at all, down side up was a literal explanation of the concept itself.

• Like 1

And even this year, the Bluecoats "Downside Up" theme really meant nothing, and frankly didn't even relate to anything they were doing.

I think it could've related to the music choices and props. Steve Rondinaro said after the tour premiere that the music wasn't anything like he had heard before in a drum corps show. Also, the props were very unique. Maybe it could've been because they were turning the activity upside down (or downside up. Same difference) with the unusual music and props. Sorry for getting a bit off topic

I would assume that Phantom is trying to avoid what's been happening to them since 2012. But since I'm not a judge and I haven't been involved in this activity for too long, what happened after Turandot? That was a really good show. More specifically, what happened last year? I thought they were pretty solid. Was it with the staffing? Or the lack of a real theme? I don't know

I'm not sure I understand this at all, down side up was a literal explanation of the concept itself.

In what sense? Because they used slides? I don't see how that's literal. (not that I besmirch the show or its title - I think they were great)

In what sense? Because they used slides? I don't see how that's literal. (not that I besmirch the show or its title - I think they were great)

The words Down Side Up were chosen to reflect the very idea of the show concept: They were using all three of the X, Y and Z axis to create the show concept and design—which fundamentally included the ramps to move marching members "up" and "down" throughout the show. I don't know how you could get more literal than that.

The words Down Side Up were chosen to reflect the very idea of the show concept: They were using all three of the X, Y and Z axis to create the show concept and design—which fundamentally included the ramps to move marching members "up" and "down" throughout the show. I don't know how you could get more literal than that.

If the show was called "Up and Down," I could see your point. "Down Side Up" is another way of saying "Upside Down." That's not at all literal with respect to what they did on the field. Not a bad show title, just not literal. And certainly not associated with music.

And again, that's not a bad thing.

If the show was called "Up and Down," I could see your point. "Down Side Up" is another way of saying "Upside Down." That's not at all literal with respect to what they did on the field. Not a bad show title, just not literal. And certainly not associated with music.

And again, that's not a bad thing.

The marchers moved down, side to side, and up. Thus the name Down Side Up. Edited by MikeRapp

Man if Cartright gets to be as creative as he is being in the high school world Phantom Regiment is gonna be epic.

Have seen many designs of his in BOA shows the last few weeks and they are all outstanding this year. He's really on top of his game.

I sure hope so. I would love to see a resurgence of PR.