Loudest Moments Ever???

I am going to call this shows that have nearly blown out the speakers in my car. And to quote the SF Renegades, "Loud is Good". 

1. Cavaliers 1990 show opening hit as they turn from playing backfield chords, and go into the opening of Gloria....Something about how 1989 and 1990 was recorded that made all of the  horn hits in various shows, Volume 11. Honorable mentions from those years include Star and BD shows.  

2. 1993 Blue Devils - From a hornline that is arguably one of BD's best ever- The part in the Hank Levy piece, Chain Reaction, where Sopranos hit that high note chord, right after the front ensemble and percussion break.  

3. 1994 Blue Devils - In a year where the BD snareline is kicking butt the entire show, the end of Day Danse where they are are doing their "trademark to that show",  high stick drumming into a marching block.  Along with the sopranos hitting chords at fff into that block.....man, enough said. 

4. 1995 Madison Scouts- specifically, their performance at Allentown. I was there. I wish there was a recording or video of their show from that event in 95. It wasn't just the corps but also the crowd reaction- That crowd was on their feet and so loud after the revolving company front at the end, that the corps seemed to play louder over the crowd. It was one of my favorite moments all time as a fan. 

5. Last but not least.....My experience in the 200+ hornline of the KAC (Kingsmen Alumni) at the Rose Bowl in 2007. In particular, our dress rehearsal show at Long Beach City College the week of Finals. Our hornline arc'd up on the track before we performed, all 200+ plus of us playing F Tuning and The Kingsmen Chorale. 

Edited by Dmlkmen
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Spirit of Atlanta, 1980 Finals in Birmingham, Alabama.  
The entire show but specifically, "Let It Be Me".  
Row 6 on the 50, 'blast zone'.  
:babies:

This ☝️☝️☝️
Also, Blue Devils 1980.  And agree 75 Madison Scouts.  Honorable mention Crown 2012. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

STAR OF INDIANA, 1993....you all know the chord after the big bass drum rolls..Medea..nuff said

• Like 1