Do drum corps have a legal right to restrict access to rehearsals held in publicly accessible venues?

19 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Yes. Their signage would be legally permissable too under the circumstances you are describing here as well. I believe that this is settled legal matter here as well ( as far as I know anyway ) that the simple legal  answer to the simple legal question above for the OP's question will be.... " Yes ".

Thankfully, your "belief" that the "legal answer" is merely your belief and not an actual legal answer.

8 minutes ago, whitedawn said:

Thankfully, your "belief" that the "legal answer" is merely your belief and not an actual legal answer.

I feel somewhat sorry for you. You conflate the two as if they must be somehow mutually exclusive.  My answer was both a " belief" as well as being legally accurate. Both...  and it also was right to the point.

Edited by BRASSO

Just now, BRASSO said:

I feel somewhat sorry for you. You conflate the two.  My answer was both a " belief" as well as being legally accurate. The fact that you apparently do not know this, your legal pedigree notwithstanding, is not my problem... lol!

How long have you been a lawyer?

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

How long have you been a lawyer?

Are you a cop ?

The legal answer to the OP 's question here is.... " yes ". If any lawyers here ( or anyone else in some other profession ) wants to tell us thatt the legal answer the OP's question is other than " yes ", then please feel free to jump in here and tell us how what CC is thinking of doing unless their fans respect their wishes in attendance at their practices is somehow unlawful. Teams in sports sometimes prohibit fans from attending their practices at both private and public facilities that they lease from time to time. They do so because their lawyers tell them that they can exclude the public from their practices if they wish too... same as Crown could do if it wished, This is legal what Crown is suggesting they might do. Whether this is good PR or not is another matter entirely, and beyond the scope of the simple question asked by the OP. The legal answer is " Yes ". Now if some lawyer or lawyers on here want to jump in here and tell us that teams lawyers that restrict the publics access to teams practices have been acting unlawfully over the years in barring the public from their team's practices on ocassion, then by all means jump in and tell us why these teams lawyers are wrong on the legality of these practices. Otherwise, the matter was settled way back earlier on this thread when the OP was correctly told that " yes " Crown ( or any other Corps ) could prohibit the public from entering their practice facilities if they decided some day they did not want the public at their practice facilities for some reason.

Edited by BRASSO

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

The legal answer to the OP 's question here is.... " yes ". If any lawyers here ( or anyone else in some other profession ) wants to tell us thatt the legal answer the OP's question is other than " yes ", then please feel free to jump in here and tell us how what CC is thinking of doing unless their fans respect their wishes in attendance at their practices is somehow unlawful. Teams in sports sometimes prohibit fans from attending their practices at both private and public facilities that they lease from time to time. They do so because their lawyers tell them that they can exclude the public from their practices if they wish too... same as Crown could do if it wished, This is legal what Crown is suggesting they might do. Whether this is good PR or not is another matter entirely, and beyond the scope of the simple question asked by the OP. The legal answer is " Yes ". Now if some lawyer or lawyers on here want to jump in here and tell us that teams lawyers that restrict the publics access to teams practices have been acting unlawfully over the years in barring the public from their team's practices on ocassion, then by all means jump in and tell us why these teams lawyers are wrong on the legality of these practices. Otherwise, the matter was settled way back earlier on this thread when the OP was correctly told that " yes " Crown ( or any other Corps ) could prohibit the public from entering their practice facilities if they decided some day they did not want the public at their practice facilities for some reason.

4EByvFi.jpg

• Like 1

Some Corps someday could be a big hit in some quarters of DCI if they did a show theme on " Memes ".  The demand seems to be there, but the need has not been filled adequately at the moment... lol!

12 minutes ago, whitedawn said:

MI3tBBV.png

Anybody here, hear about the joke about 2 lawyers that walk into the room,  one of 'em all dressed up to the Nines ? Well..one says to the other... " hey what the hell is this meme about ? ". The other lawyer says, " I don't don't know. It sure is confusing gibberish to me. Ask Whitedown. He created both of us.. why?... I think he has a keen sense of fashion and doesn't like that open collar of yours you're wearin' "

Edited by BRASSO