Do drum corps have a legal right to restrict access to rehearsals held in publicly accessible venues?

1 minute ago, whitedawn said:

Please describe the corps' legal authority to restrict access to rehearsals. From where does this power flow?

Eleran could help you out on this request.. He's a lawyer.. He could provide you the chapter, cite, etc that you're looking for. Additionally, you could look it up yourself. I'm too lazy to do it for you at the moment.

Just now, BRASSO said:

Eleran could help you out on this request.. He's a lawyer.. He could provide you the chapter, cite, etc that you're looking for. Additionally, you could look it up yourself. I'm too lazy to do it for you at the moment.

Dude, I am a lawyer.

8 minutes ago, whitedawn said:

Dude, I am a lawyer.

Well, don't that beat all,.. dude. Then why are you asking a non lawyer like me to look up the statute, cite, et al  for you ?... LOL!!.. If I do the case law research for you, where can I send my hourly Bill ?

Edited by BRASSO

Just now, BRASSO said:

Well, don't that beat all,.. dude. Then why are you asking a non lawyer like me to look up the statute, cite, et al  for you ?... LOL!!

I'm VERY INTERESTED to know why I am wrong and you are right, which is why I asked you. I am not aware of a statute (which state?) that gives a corps the legal right to restrict attendance at its rehearsals.

I would like to be enlightened.

Just now, whitedawn said:

I'm VERY INTERESTED to know why I am wrong and you are right, which is why I asked you. .

Well, if you don't care to take the time to look it up for yourself here Counselor, then I guess you'll just have to take my word for it.

Just now, whitedawn said:

Godspeed.

Absolutely.

24 minutes ago, whitedawn said:

Dude, I am a lawyer.

Carolina Crown's lawyer says its ok for Crown to post on its Facebook page that they may be forced to restrict the public's access to their practices. I would imagine Crown is not doing something that is impermissable under the law. People suggest on DCP that we contact the people involved directly on matters that pertain to Corps decisions. So my suggestion Counselor is to perhaps contact Carolina Crown and its Lawyer and he should be able to set you straight as to what Legislative Statute, Cite, Case Law,etc allows Carolina Crown to consider taking such legal measures to restrict the public's access to their practices if their concerns are not met moving forward.

Edited by BRASSO

Real property law, if they are on private property.   The owner's rights of exclusive use of the property flow to the leaseholder, of more likely in DCI's case they occupy pursuant to a license agreement, within which the owner can still grant the same exclusive control of the space. 

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Carolina Crown's lawyer says its ok for Crown to post on its Facebook page that they may be forced to restrict the public's access to their practices. I would imagine Crown is not doing something that is impermissable under the law. People suggest on DCP that we contact the people involved directly on matters that pertain to Corps decisions. So my suggestion Counselor is to perhaps contact Carolina Crown and its Lawyer and he should be able to set you straight as to what Legislative Statute, Cite, Case Law,etc allows Carolina Crown to consider taking such legal measures to restrict the public's access to their practices if their concerns are not met moving forward.

Granted, I don't read every thread on this forum, but where did we learn what their lawyer said?

If we find that to be the case, well ...  I'd be surprised to see you, of all people, taking stock in the legal acumen of the Crown organization. I seem to recall you breaking down the lack of legal acumen with a Crown debt collection here recently.  I'd figure you wouldn't be surprised with Crown being on the wrong side of a legal argument..