Do drum corps have a legal right to restrict access to rehearsals held in publicly accessible venues?

4 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

or how about respect what the corps asked for whatever the reasons may be

Hey Guardling: Noticed that you hit ‘like’ on some of my postings.  I need to post something quick that we both disagree on or I will start getting the uncomfortable nervous heebe jeebies! :nervous:

• Like 1

On 6/12/2017 at 1:49 PM, BRASSO said:

Well, unless we believe that Carolina Crown acted unlawfully on Facebook when they stated they may be forced to prohibit the public's access to their practices, we give the benefit to the doubt to Carolina Crown that they acted lawfully here in that facebook admonition warning to the public. Perhaps Eleran here.. another Lawyer on DCP... could enlighten us here if he believes that Crown may be acting unlawfully should they attrempt to restrict the public's access to Crown's practices. My understanding has always been that Corps that might intend to restrict the public from their practices can do so. I know that sometimes pro sports teams lease out public schools facilities for practices, then on occasion they prohibit the public's access to those practices. So just putting two and two together here ( as a non lawyer ) I just assumed that the lawyers with these Pro ( and College ) teams had the  legal right to bar the public to their practices if that was the team's wishes. So absent any claim by any other Lawyers, I'm assuming that Carolina Crown as well is acting lawfully here in their  threat to have to bar the public from their practices if their wishes on the part of the public are not met moving forward here.

It is a mental leap to come to these conclusions out of thin air; my goodness I don't have the mental energy to sustain a debate on this or any other topic at the moment, but people and organizations say a lot of things, but that doesn't also make it so.  

Question is do people want to spend the energy and expense to test legal boundaries in court?

Okay, back to checking out E3 coverage.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2017 at 8:39 AM, DrumCorpsNutt said:

Follow up questions:

Can a drum corps legally deny you the right to audio/video record what is happening is publicly accessible areas?

If so....what specific authority grants this legal right?

I think all a corps needs is to have one of these patrolling the area.

160601084456-giant-alligator-golf-course

• Like 2