Oil Can Security

32 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

LOL.

Stu, I was just adding to the conversation.  No accusations, bud.  Nothing to see here.

Terri, sorry if what I wrote was taken that way.  I was agreeing with you, and then just used the space to try and add to the conversation.

“I agree with this, BUT…” it was your all-capitalized ‘but monkey’ which initiated my response.  That usually means what follows after the 'BUT' is a form of allegation.  Now that you clarified it, I will take you at your word that there was nothing to it. :satisfied:

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2017 at 5:39 PM, BoaDci said:

It's no more risky than anywhere else.  Pretty much all large events (excluding Super Bowl, All Star Games, World Series, Finals, etc) held at stadiums use Security Theater to invoke a feeling of security.  Generally those metal detectors and short checks do nothing.  Security Theater even though it's very unsecure, it's secure.  Alot of people will back down really easily if they even have the smallest risk of not being able to follow through.

Thank you for mentioning security theater, a concept that should be more widely understood.

As someone said, the goal of terrorists is to make us change our behavior; don't let them do it.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
fixed typo
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

LOL.

Stu, I was just adding to the conversation.  No accusations, bud.  Nothing to see here.

Terri, sorry if what I wrote was taken that way.  I was agreeing with you, and then just used the space to try and add to the conversation.

No worries.  It's just spirited conversation.  I welcome it. 

But I was thinking one thing as I drifted off to sleep last night...  You know how we go through all the safety procedures before the plane takes off?  There is a minuscule chance that you'll ever have to put on the vest or the use the air mask.  Much less, use your seat as a flotation device.  But every time you fly, it is required by the FAA that the safety procedures are recited to the passengers.  It's just common sense.

• Like 2

The intent of this thread was to stimulate awareness and just how easy it is and how many ways to bring in something to cause harm. The souvenir areas and around the concession area is always congested, as well as the club area concessions. Let's hope for a heightened level of security and a greater presence of armed officers. Stay safe! Tah tah

57 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

The intent of this thread was to stimulate awareness and just how easy it is and how many ways to bring in something to cause harm. The souvenir areas and around the concession area is always congested, as well as the club area concessions. Let's hope for a heightened level of security and a greater presence of armed officers. Stay safe! Tah tah

The threat level at LOS during championships is low and security is provided for that level,.  Who is going to pay  for extra armed guards?    You are taking money from the corps pockets.  If you don't feel safe at any event you may attend stay home. This whole thread is a bunch of garbage.  

2 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

The threat level at LOS during championships is low and security is provided for that level,.  Who is going to pay  for extra armed guards?    You are taking money from the corps pockets.  If you don't feel safe at any event you may attend stay home. This whole thread is a bunch of garbage.  

Harsh but I agree with you there, no one's forcing anyone to go 

Oh I would never miss the spectacle of colorful festivities at the DCI Ball. Not to mention the beautiful flowers I present to the talented creative artist and dancers after their last production of the season. I wouldn't miss it for nothing. 

Edited by Poppycock

3 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

I'll remember this.  Is it possible to ignore a poster on here? 

Edited by Terri Schehr

3 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

This thread is not Fear Mongering or any form of Hyperbolic Paranoia of staying home from concerts or asking DCI to spend millions of dollars on security measures that some are attempting to make it out to be.   This thread is merely one which is rightfully indicating to us that we should not become complacent as it applies to our own personal awareness and observation of those who are out there that desire to do us harm; whether that be at a concert or walking along a sidewalk. This thread is Garbage? Try telling that to the families of those who were murdered at places like Manchester, Pulse, Bataclan, along with the families of a multitude of others who were murdered not only by terrorist activities but armed robberies, muggings, rapes, car-jackings, etc… 

• Like 2