Oil Can Security

2 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I mean Dan potter has been telling us not to bring in missle like objects for years. In Dan we trust

vuvuzellas?

Sharp objects?  

Like what they have on the field?  Jeesh.

1 minute ago, garfield said:

vuvuzellas?

Sharp objects?  

Like what they have on the field?  Jeesh.

Didn't the recorded announcement outside the stadium used to say that "horns" weren't allowed inside?  Looks like that rule was eluded for a number of years.

On 6/10/2017 at 3:11 PM, oldbandguy said:

Compared to hundreds of other events going on around the country on those same days... 30,000 people at LOS is not that huge....

Nobody would attack a paltry small-potatoes DCI event because 30,000 people at LOS is not that huge? Really?

There were around 20,000 in attendance at the recent Ariana Granda Concert attack.

There were around 1,500 in the Bataclan Theater when it was attacked.

There were around 320 people in the Pulse Night Club when it was attacked.

And even if we factor in the World Trade Centers on 9/11/2001, there were around 17,400 'combined' in those towers at the time of the attacks. (and around 2,600 in the Pentagon at the time of the attack but that could be considered a military target not a civilian)

So, do you still think that being concerned about a possible attack at a 30.000 extremely soft-target event is in the realm of not being that huge of a target?

Edited by Stu
  • Like 2

On 6/10/2017 at 3:11 PM, oldbandguy said:

I'm thinking LOS will be as secure as most any other place in the USA.  I'd be more concerned with walking on a crowded street downtown.

Yes to both of these statements; especially the second.

My advice?  Whether I'm at a Cubs game, Memorial Stadium in Champaign, or Lucas oil stadium, the first thing I do is find the nearest exits.  Then I consider my options.  Where I sit at Lucas oil, I could jump down onto the track.  It's about a five foot jump and I could run into the tunnel. If that's not an option, I'd get as low as I could under my seat.  

This may sound paranoid to some but I think of it as good survival skills. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2017 at 9:18 PM, Terri Schehr said:

No one EVER thinks it will happen to them. 

And 99.9999% of them are correct.

You're more likely to die of a million other things on any given day than a terrorist attack. 

Personally, I prefer not living to be scared of everything. 

Life's too short for that as it is. Don't need to shorten it even more by stressing about things out of my control

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Why does it hurt to be vigilant and aware?  

Aware, no harm. If you see something suspicious, report it. 

Injecting more and more inconvenience and hassle for a statistically nonexistent threat though, that's where it seems some seem all too happy to go.