South Carolina showdown

8 hours ago, SuperSaderFan said:

Not bad for BAC tonight. On early in the sunlight and about two hours in between them and the other 3. Spirit 65.2 then up almost 10 points to BAC at 74.45. Two hours later The Cavies 76.9. Cadets 76.7 and then Crown at 79.2. Not bad for two different shows at the same venue.

Tomorrow night back to back with the Cadets.

One could say the groups that had to wait 2 hours to perform were kind of jilted. Tough for performers to warm up and then have long delays. Kudos to Crown for not letting it affect them. Very mature group there. 

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, crownisking said:

It doesn't. I never said it did. I just want people to like the show.

On that we agree completely. I want to love their show!!  I do love the first five minutes. Oh how I wish the would cut way back on the singer. I don't agree that the show wouldn't work without the vocals. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HockeyDad said:

On that we agree completely. I want to love their show!!  I do love the first five minutes. Oh how I wish the would cut way back on the singer. I don't agree that the show wouldn't work without the vocals. 

We'll probably never know what the show sounds like without any vocals because removing the vocalist entirely isn't really an option. They can't just send her home mid season. The design team made the decision to feature a vocalist in the show and they're just going to have to find a way to make it work.

28 minutes ago, crownisking said:

It doesn't. I never said it did. I just want people to like the show.

I've heard the MM's feel the same way. They're used to being the crowd favorite. 

Factoring this in makes me wonder why Crown purposefully created their own version of Cabaret Voltaire, as eccentricity to the point of discomfort isn't really in their identity.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I've heard the MM's feel the same way. They're used to being the crowd favorite. 

Factoring this in makes me wonder why Crown purposefully created their own version of Cabaret Voltaire, as eccentricity to the point of discomfort isn't really in their identity.

Design wise, I think they felt the Disney everyone likes us bubblegum/popcorn style  ran its course and for them to contend again, they'd have to go deeper and more intellectual. Funny because Bloo won with the opposite last year. From a creative standpoint, Crown was getting very redundant so I applaud them for starting the process of reevaluating design. Luckily they have the mm talent to keep a 5-6 place design in 4th this year. 

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

New staff I guess? I have no idea. I'm in the minority though. I love the second half of their show. The first half is kind of something to just get through, IMO. I've secretly wanted Crown to try something new for a few years now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, crownisking said:

New staff I guess? I have no idea. I'm in the minority though. I love the second half of their show. The first half is kind of something to just get through, IMO. I've secretly wanted Crown to try something new for a few years now.

Well the cat's out of the bag now! Also I find your George Hopkins avatar disturbing on some level. Also it appears that "going against the grain of your identity" is in. Crown. Scouts. Bluecoats are examples of this. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Well the cat's out of the bag now! Also I find your George Hopkins avatar disturbing on some level. Also it appears that "going against the grain of your identity" is in. Crown. Scouts. Bluecoats are examples of this. 

I like my sassy George Hopkins avatar, haha. What I'd like most for Crown is for them to become the trailblazers of the activity. Basically what Bloo is now. I hate comparisons to other corps. I want them to be the first to do ________. I'm hoping this new team can deliver that. Even if it means the occasional misfire.

22 hours ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

My seat for the evening

eTD879h.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

Not sure what row you were on, but I had to be directly behind you. I was row A.

19 hours ago, xandandl said:

and then there was the year Crown was called off the indoor field 3x because the percussion judge could not distinguish the rain on the roof from the beats of the drum. And when Crown was finally allowed to perform, the accumulated water in the drain pipes burst causing the ceiling tiles of section 331 or close to cave in on the spectators.

Oh yeah, I was there for that one.