Emerald City Music Games - Dublin, OH - Jul 31

3 hours ago, brians said:

drum scores last night are highly suspect, not sure I buy them at all

In the case of the Crossmen, they lost their center snare on July 4th and integrated a new snare drummer into the show just before San Antonio.  The first couple of scores after that were rough, but the last three are consistent for a line that is improving:

• 16.5 on July 27th
  • A split score from two judges (16.9 and 15.7) on July 30th
  • A 17.0 last night

To me, the odd score was the 15.7.  The other scores seem to be a consistent with one another.

On the Blue Stars side, the last four scores show a slump.

• July 26th - 17
  • July 27th - 16.9
  • July 28th -  16.6
  • July 29th - 16.3
  • Last Night - 16.6

So, if last night's scores were suspect, what about the previous three?

(Edited to Add)

Did a little research.  This was the 3rd time Davila judged Blue Stars and Crossmen head-to-head.

• On July 8th, she gave the Crossmen a 14.3 to Blue Stars' 15.0.
  • On July 27th, she gave the Crossmen a 16.6 to Blue Stars' 16.9
  • Last night, she gave the Crossmen a 17.0 to Blue Stars' 16.6
Edited by barigirl78

16 hours ago, dsefton said:

This may not be a popular opinion, but I preferred before the rule changed and let Open class compete in World finals. I would love exhibitions and inclusion but it seems unfair to the corps that do a full World tour with all the associated  rigors, injuries and costs.  On the other hand, maybe this extra competition contributes to the massive improvements we are seeing in corps like  OC, PC, Mandarin's, Cascades, Academy, Pioneer, and Jersey Surf and the activity overall.  

I have no problem admitting I am new to the DCI world and as a parent of a MM and a spectator I find it incredibly frustrating that an open corp could potentially knock the Cascades out, as they have been straddling 23/24 in both classes combined. It's not a fair thing to those competing in WC to be knocked out in prelims by OC. There, I said it. I imagine that is how other WC corps must have felt by OC corps knocking them out. And I'm tired of the old "But BDB! SCVC!". So what? (Although I must admit it is crazy to see BDB's placement this year as opposed to last year.)

15 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

In the case of the Crossmen, they lost their center snare on July 4th and integrated a new snare drummer into the show just before San Antonio.  The first couple of scores after that were rough, but the last three are consistent for a line that is improving:

• 16.5 on July 27th
  • A split score from two judges (16.9 and 15.7) on July 30th
  • A 17.0 last night

To me, the odd score was the 15.7.  The other scores seem to be a consistent with one another.

On the Blue Stars side, the last four scores show a slump.

• July 26th - 17
  • July 27th - 16.9
  • July 28th -  16.6
  • July 29th - 16.3
  • Last Night - 16.6

So, if last night's scores were suspect, what about the previous three?

(Edited to Add)

Did a little research.  This was the 3rd time Davila judged Blue Stars and Crossmen head-to-head.

• On July 8th, she gave the Crossmen a 14.3 to Blue Stars' 15.0.
  • On July 27th, she gave the Crossmen a 16.6 to Blue Stars' 16.9
  • Last night, she gave the Crossmen a 17.0 to Blue Stars' 16.6

I have some not so nice words to say about her on the WGI side. Sitting in critique with her was just a talk about how great I am instead how you can help your program. 

Edited by BlueStainGlass