Mandarins in finals?

I absolutely LOVE the clean, uncluttered look of this show.  Would be great for them to make finals but if not, BL&L would also be a step up.  It is just exciting to see some of the lower tier corps stepping up their game and hitting it out of the park with a well designed/performed show.  Last year it was Academy.  This year, Mandarins.  

• Like 3

They are ahead of Madison right now imo.  I read a Madison member on Reddit that much of the corps hates the show this year.  Its a real bummer.  Mandarins is clearly the better corps right now, way more passion, and clean passion at that.

3 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Better yet, let Mandarins and Madison tie for 12th, making it Top 13 this year! Or would they do some lame BS move and go with high GE score to break the tie?

I believe there are no tiebreakers anymore, but I'm not entirely sure.

• Like 1

Looking at how Mandarins and Scouts both fared against the Academy, Scouts beat them over 2 points last night. Mandarins was routinely beating Academy by 2 points until Riverside when they beat them by 1.6. Just using Academy cause that's all we have to go by right now.

• Like 1

That said, it's been quite some time since there was an important tie in overall placement (i.e., one in Finals or one that affected advancement from one show to the next).

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, MyKids#1Fan said:

I would love to see Mandarins make finals this year!  Who agrees????

Me too but I think top 15 is the goal. The show is real good but it's hard to break into that league. This year is a huge step for them and it's a great possibility for that to happen very soon maybe in 2018. This is their first year at total membership of 150 and it's a big difference. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, afd said:

Me too but I think top 15 is the goal. The show is real good but it's hard to break into that league. This year is a huge step for them and it's a great possibility for that to happen very soon maybe in 2018. This is their first year at total membership of 150 and it's a big difference. 

I think they had a full corps last year as well. But yes, Top 15 would still be a huge milestone for them. 

4 minutes ago, brassboy said:

I think they had a full corps last year as well. But yes, Top 15 would still be a huge milestone for them. 

Really. I read they are at full 150 for the first time. They look world class to me. Very mature performing. I can see their confidence.