Celebration in Brass Johnston, IA

41 minutes ago, WaxDCIFan said:

I've been watching the whole Des Moines area, no scopers that I can see.  My mother in law is in the stands, but she is not scope-aware.

Hope she enjoys some great drumcorps tonight :)

1 minute ago, 1corpsfan said:

Wow! Thought I'd get more out of this thread 

Me too...I'd even take some fake news

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Tuesday night in Iowa.  A few years ago, I went to a Wednesday night show in Metamora, Illinois.  Crickets and the show had BD and Cadets, 

That's my high school!  We ran the table in the Illinois high school circuit back in the 1980s.  There used to be a pretty substantial marching music following in Metamora, sadly diminished now.  There have been some great drum corps shows in that football stadium.  Got to watch two of my kids march drum corps last year at my alma mater!

• Like 1

Just now, WaxDCIFan said:

That's my high school!  We ran the table in the Illinois high school circuit back in the 1980s.  There used to be a pretty substantial marching music following in Metamora, sadly diminished now.  There have been some great drum corps shows in that football stadium.  Got to watch two of my kids march drum corps last year at my alma mater!

I used to attend the fall band show when my son was in band.  Full house back then.  He graduated high school in 2003.  2014 was when I went to the drum corps show because I remember it was the first time I saw the Felliniesque show in person.