Celebration in Brass Johnston, IA

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

In Illinois, you can buy anything practically anywhere at anytime.  I don't even want to speculate on what happens in Wisconsin  but I do know that they sell beer at gas stations. 

In Indiana, you can't buy any alcohol in a store on Sunday.  But you can have a beer or a drink at a restaurant or bar.  

My first trip into Missouri was a shock, when I saw all the liquor bottles on the grocery store shelves.

In Alabama, where I live now, they have state-run liquor stores and independent liquor stores. The independent store have longer hours, but they are usually a little more expensive than the state stores. Beer and wine are sold everywhere. Sunday sales (including at restaurants) are handled on a county-by-county, and then city-by-city basis. My city just voted to allow Sunday booze sales last year. I'm pretty sure there is either at least one completely dry county left in the state, or the last county just recently went wet.

• Like 1

Bluecoats 82.15

Blue Stars 75.75

Crossmen 74.85

Edited by Flguardman
  • Like 1

Good score for Bluecoats. 

• Like 5

Is the Blue Stars program that much more challenging than Crossmen? Really feel like Crossmen is the better show.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I grew up in Youngstown, OH and went to college at YSU. We used to drive over the state line to Sharon, PA to hit the Quaker Steak & Lube for wings and beer. Getting beer in the restaurant, as you said, was easy. But you're right about buying beer anywhere else. It was a pain in the rear end.  Not sure about it now, but back then PA had some strange laws. 

Mmmmm...the original Quaker Steak & Lube.

My favorite beer buying story is going through the drive-through beer distributors while attending Penn State. It was like a middle school car pickup line. There's three lanes, each with 3 or 4 spots. The cars queue up, and get placed into one of the spots. The carhops come out and ask what you want. You pop the trunk while they go back and get it, and then they bring it out and plop it in your trunk. Everyone drives off, and the next set of cars comes in. It was a ballet of high efficiency beer purchasing.

Go Phantom.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Good score for Bluecoats. 

And now Bluecoats have three practice / travel days before meeting up with BD in Denver if I read the schedule right.

Edit: My bad. They are competing in Casper in three days and then meet BD the next night in Denver.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 5