Celebration in Brass Johnston, IA

1 minute ago, Precious Roy said:

Mmmmm...the original Quaker Steak & Lube.

My favorite beer buying story is going through the drive-through beer distributors while attending Penn State. It was like a middle school car pickup line. There's three lanes, each with 3 or 4 spots. The cars queue up, and get placed into one of the spots. The carhops come out and ask what you want. You pop the trunk while they go back and get it, and then they bring it out and plop it in your trunk. Everyone drives off, and the next set of cars comes in. It was a ballet of high efficiency beer purchasing.

Go Phantom.

"We are...". :)  My son just graduated from Penn State in May and instead of getting a job is marching Bloo for his age out, but he has the rest of his life to work.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Asguard said:

"We are...". :)  My son just graduated from Penn State in May and instead of getting a job is marching Bloo for his age out, but he has the rest of his life to work.  

Awesome! I'd mention how the football team is good again, but the Schehrs seem like nice people and I don't want to get on their bad side. :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Asguard said:

My son did the same thing.  Graduated from Illinois in May 2007 and aged out of Scouts on his birthday in August.  Your son will be just fine. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Precious Roy said:

Awesome! I'd mention how the football team is good again, but the Schehrs seem like nice people and I don't want to get on their bad side. :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My boy went to Illinois.  In the Marching Illini for four years. I'm a lifelong Chicagoan.  You have nothing to worry about from me,  

Now him....that's another story. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

My son did the same thing.  Graduated from Illinois in may 2007 and aged out of a Scouts on his birthday in August.  Your son will be just fine. 

That's good to hear.  We are very supportive, but in the back of my mind.... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Asguard said:

That's good to hear.  We are very supportive, but in the back of my mind.... 

Take it from someone who didn't march and is going to regret it for the rest of his life, drum corps is over after this, it's something he'll never be able to do again and is life changing (well DCA I guess).  A job can wait another year, this experience can't.  I would put my whole life on hold if I had a chance to go back and have another chance.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Asguard said:

This is my son's fifth and final year.  As much as I want him to get a job and go on with his life..... I bet he goes on to instruct. It's in his blood

• Like 3