Baron DeKalb's Regimental Tattoo - NIU 7/15

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Okay :)

We'll see live this coming week, I get to see both.  I'll keep my mind open.  But I would really hope after earning a degree to teach this stuff I would be able to tell which has a better basic ensemble sound and tone production.  If not crap.  I wasted the last four years of my life.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

We'll see live this coming week, I get to see both.  I'll keep my mind open.  But I would really hope after earning a degree to teach this stuff I would be able to tell which has a better basic ensemble sound and tone production.  If not crap.  I wasted the last four years of my life.  

Depends on the preferred pedagogy your school used as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, phd-student-TTU said:

Depends on the preferred pedagogy your school used as well. 

I mean, intonation being off is a pretty universal concept in western music.  If you're out of tune you're out of tune.

• Like 1

Just now, geluf said:

I mean, intonation being off is a pretty universal concept in western music.  If you're out of tune you're out of tune.

And not dropping out of sustains, and not hitting octaves (well I blame that one on the writing), and farty nasty low brass tone, and many more things.  

19 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I love Cavaliers but I was down low and heard some horn stuff that needs help.  Fix it. I want to love you more. 

My Wife and I went to Dekalb and were shocked that Cavies were within 1-1/2 points of SCV...and even more shocked that they placed 2nd in brass and were so close to SCV's brass score. Cavies horn line needs A LOT of work. Our favorite show was S CV followed by Academy, who are very entertaining and enjoyable and play melodic memorable music...and their drum line is clean cleric clean. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

My Wife and I went to Dekalb and were shocked that Cavies were within 1-1/2 points of SCV...and even more shocked that they placed 2nd in brass and were so close to SCV's brass score. Cavies horn line needs A LOT of work. Our favorite show was S CV followed by Academy, who are very entertaining and enjoyable and play melodic memorable music...and their drum line is clean cleric clean. 

Honestly I feel Cavaliers were too close to SCV on scoring. The rest of the scores seem on point. Some of the corps are just dirty especially with the new content as most are making changes and additions 

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'm gonna go into duck and cover after I say this but I think Crossmen played better than Cavaliers tonight in brass.  Ok burn me at the stake. 

No need to duck. We all get to have our opinions and I am quite impressed by Crossmen brass this season 

• Like 3