DCI Central Texas, Belton, TX - July 20th

Easily the most powerful horns and drums of the night but the show just falls short. Imagine if they wore last years uniform and just put the color guard in the stupid Mad Max costumes. It would have been so much better visually. 

• Like 3

Just now, SFZFAN said:

Easily the most powerful horns and drums of the night but the show just falls short. Imagine if they wore last years uniform and just put the color guard in the stupid Mad Max costumes. It would have been so much better visually. 

Just me, but I think the classic Madison unis would be out of place in this show.

Now, if they replaced the really tall tribal hats with dirty-looking, torn-up Aussies, I would DEFINITELY love the uniform. But I think the headdresses are a little too much.

I liked it, but I agree with others. I can't help but miss that classic Madison identity they've cultivated over the last 6 or 7 years.

• Like 1

I like this show.  I can say that I think it's Madison's to lose. (finals)

I haven't been able to see Mandarins in some time, but only their ballad stuck out to me.  With all their talk, I think they have a shot.

Colts... they are getting better and better.  I personally think that they have a better product than Mandarins, Madison, and Academy.  If their brass line gets a bit stronger, I can see it getting in as a dark horse.

With all said and done.  I think there's blood in the water, and I hope the judges agree.

• Like 3

For the record, my favorite Madison show of the past decade is 2013. Fit their identity perfectly while also being very modern.

• Like 2

IMO....certainly better than Mandarins.  Needs more oomph at the Fleur.  That part is dying for some major Scouts volume!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, corpstrength said:

Hope the crowd wakes up after int...

I hope they hydrate enough to not pass out from heat stroke 

• Like 1