DCI Central Texas, Belton, TX - July 20th

1 minute ago, wilme861 said:

I remember quotes like this about last years show... 

It's not keeping me engaged throughout the entire performance. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

YESSSS!  Sounds like the Crown vocalist has had some excellent coaching since we last heard her and this performance was endearing!  No more Broadway Ethel Merman, just some tender, sweet singing that was lovely, not overbearing and it allowed that wonderful CC brass to still sparkle away.  As we say in the south, bless her heart!  I loved the WHOLE SHEBANG TONIGHT!

Ummm. I did not hear any changes since the first show. The same 60% of pitches are overtly out of tune (largely sharp), with the same tone and diction issues since mid June. I wish I heard what you heard. Does not mean you are not accurate in stating she has had some training, I just don't hear it. Time to pull her or invest in her.

Edited by westcoastblue

I've watched every single live stream from Flo this season, and tonight was far and beyond the best.  Front ensemble and Field balance was just as I like to hear.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, quijeros said:

What's that last piece they played? It jams.

The last encore song was Shofukan by Snarky Puppy. Jersey Surf and Spirit of Atlanta are playing in their field shows this year as well.

• Like 1

No scores announced tonight. Just posted 

Just now, Chief Guns said:

You sound like a BD fan LMAO.

Lol there is no program I respect more than them but I wouldn't yet call myself a "fan" just yet. My heart will always be in Carolina.

• Like 1