The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

13 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

You literally have zero clue. Dues pay for about 30% of most corps budgets. 

And the score statement is beyond naive 

George: I am with you on on the adjudicator issue.  But the Rookie never stated that Dues pay for everything, just the following: "I pay dues for my child to participate, also volunteer with food and anything else I can ". The idea that dues are paying for everything cannot be extrapolated out of that statement.

16 minutes ago, PeterGibbons said:

George Hopkins donated $340.00

you do great work IBE. Cash is king in drum corps and you have nothing to be ashamed of. Make it happen ... it looks like you already are :-)

8 minutes ago

George Hopkins - one classy thing you did!      Hopkins would know Ibe and obviously respects the man.  I've met Ibe and spoken with him a few times over the years.   I've always felt he is a good guy.   The community will help Legends and then go from there.   But, let's at least give them a chance.    This is one bailout I am totally for!

Go Legends!!!

https://www.classy.org/campaign/legendsnow/c138390

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

I was with you until this point.  The DCI adjudicators, at least the many I know personally, bleed integrity.  No equivocation, period.  By the way, welcome to the jungle!

Ok, maybe I went a little overboard, too much television.

But in regards to the money situation, they should know how to budget.

No need to perform every night, and have "top notch" everything.

Live within your means. I know a lot of people that went bankrupt because of overspending, and nobody gave a crap. Why should this be any different?

If this happens to one of the "lesser" OC Corps next year, will there be the same sense of sympathy? Will the Legends be able to help that Corp out?

6 minutes ago, dcpnewby said:

If this happens to one of the "lesser" OC Corps next year, will there be the same sense of sympathy? Will the Legends be able to help that Corp out?

When I attended my first Open Class show, just five years ago, Legends was one of those "lesser" corps. They placed 8th in Open Class Finals and scored 63.400 in World Class Prelims. They've only qualified for W.C. Semis twice.

Notice that another O.C. corps who probably fits that term, Les Stentors, gave $100 to Legends' campaign today.

I'm sure Legends would return the favor in the future.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stu said:

This made me chuckle. Most drum corps are like the government, it is easy to overspend 'other people's' money.

And then ask everyone else to bail you out.

Just because you "can" doesn't mean you "should".

Just now, Eleran said:

If they reach $100,000, do we all switch to new profile pics and Facebook covers?

iamlegend2.jpg

The book is much darker than the movie.

11 minutes ago, dcpnewby said:

If this happens to one of the "lesser" OC Corps next year, will there be the same sense of sympathy?

This is why I posted earlier that I am surprised at this phenomenon. As far as I know this is the only corps which has ever made a 'tearful' appeal for $100,000 (in 24 hours or we go bye-bye) and has pretty much hit the altruistic strings so quickly based mainly on shear emotion. And I mean the strings of those who in the recent past have called for massive oversight by DCI because of gross mismanagement of other corps that have been it rather parallel situations.

• Like 1