The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

4 minutes ago, dcpnewby said:

And then ask everyone else to bail you out.

Just because you "can" doesn't mean you "should".

A rookie with wisdom!!!!!!!!!! Oh My!!!!!  If we were at a bar I would buy you a beer!!!!

• Like 1

Am I the only one that doesn't take the "24 hours" part of the plea as literal? I mean, it's not like it's $99,999.99 at 24:00:01 and the thing is a failure, all donations resort to zero, and they fold immediately, right? RIGHT?

Although, you gotta appreciate NE's hour by hour analysis. That's a mathematician's mind at work! I can smell the Excel from here. :thumbs-up:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

Am I the only one that doesn't take the "24 hours" part of the plea as literal? I mean, it's not like it's $99,999.99 at 24:00:01 and the thing is a failure, all donations resort to zero, and they fold immediately, right? RIGHT?

Although, you gotta appreciate NE's hour by hour analysis. That's a mathematician's mind at work! I can smell the Excel from here. :thumbs-up:

Glad to oblige. And I'm sure you're right. If they wrap up this 24 hrs. with $88,000 or so, they'll find something they can cut from their operations, or they'll try to raise the rest over the next few days. I believe Kevin G. will be reporting live from Legends' home show in Plainwell tomorrow night. Probably we'll learn that Sodawalla made a pitch in person for additional support, thanking everyone for what they've already done and asking for help putting them over the top.

4 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

At 5 p.m. (EDT), they were pretty much right at $74,000. I believe the campaign started at 11 p.m., which means they need to raise another $26K in six hours.

Since setting and meeting benchmarks is just what Legends needs to do to avoid finding themselves in this position ever again (because they'll never get this kind of support a second time), we may as well note where they need to be for the rest of the evening (all times are Eastern):

6 p.m. -- $78,333

7 p.m. -- $82,666

8 p.m. -- $86,999

9 p.m. -- $91,333

10 p.m. -- $95,667

11 p.m. -- $100,000

Actuals vs. Budget:

6 p.m. -- $76,420 (-$1,913)

7 p.m. -- $78,829 (-$3,837)

8 p.m. -- $80,301 (-$6,698)

9 p.m. -- $82,754 (-$8,579)

10 p.m. -- $85,269 (-$10,398)

It's looking like the season is going to be saved; which is incredibly awesome! I really hope the members, staff, and support staff seize this opportunity to max out all of their dedication and hard work; because this might be the swan song for this organization in my opinion. If they survive this; they will be essentially starting over and rebuilding next year.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

Am I the only one that doesn't take the "24 hours" part of the plea as literal?

If it is not a hard deadline the other option is extreme emotional manipulation;..... ok; you may be on to something here.

24 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

It's looking like the season is going to be saved; which is incredibly awesome! I really hope the members, staff, and support staff seize this opportunity to max out all of their dedication and hard work; because this might be the swan song for this organization in my opinion. If they survive this; they will be essentially starting over and rebuilding next year.  

I would not be upset if they ultimately chose to sit out a year to regroup and refresh the organization. Both the Troopers and Seattle Cascades did this in 2006 and 2008 respectively, and look where they are now.

• Like 2