The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

Three hours left but slowing down quite a bit. Time for a big push to the finish? I see Legends posted to Facebook about 45 minutes ago thanking people for their support and noting that they'd reached $78,000.

52 minutes ago, garfield said:

I'm wondering why so many here speak of debt.  I've never seen debt of this level in an OC corps.

I'll go check, but I don't think it's a debt call.  I think it's an internally decided date to instill urgency.

But we'll see...

They are likely either in debt, or they likely have zero to little cash and may own some hard assets they could liquidate if required (which is technically not debt but still making the organization inoperable).  No matter what, they have gotten themselves into a very bad financial situation through 'hopey and dreamy' wishes instead of utilizing sound business practice.  And here is the kicker; their 'hopey and dreamy' way of running the corps is currently being facilitated; their extremely poor managing of the corps which got them into trouble in the first place is being currently rewarded by.... some of the very people who want DCI to come down hard and stop corps from running in this manner; except, of course, this corps.

• Like 1

Made my donation. 

There's still time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

No matter what, they have gotten themselves into a very bad financial situation through 'hopey and dreamy' wishes instead of utilizing sound business practice.

Or maybe they put together a plan for their year, and parts of it just didn't work out. Maybe they've had good luck with small-sized mid-season campaigns before, so they planned for some more this year, and for whatever reason, the public didn't respond. Until now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mcjordansc said:

I still doubt they needed exactly $100K.  

Always better to overshoot your goals, as I like to say.

And if this really turns out to be true, I hope that means they'll be getting back on the road soon with all the support they've received. I honestly don't mind if they have to cut a few shows as long as their journey continues through Championships week and they don't fold and/or cut the season short.