The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

Will they need another 100k next year?

Other corps have folded due to finances, why can't they handle their own..

I pay dues for my child to participate, also volunteer with food and anything else I can.

I can guaranty though that Legends scores will escalate even more due to this SOB story

1 minute ago, dcpnewby said:

Will they need another 100k next year?

Other corps have folded due to finances, why can't they handle their own..

I pay dues for my child to participate, also volunteer with food and anything else I can.

I can guaranty though that Legends scores will escalate even more due to this SOB story

You literally have zero clue. Dues pay for about 30% of most corps budgets. 

And the score statement is beyond naive 

• Like 4

George Hopkins donated $340.00

you do great work IBE. Cash is king in drum corps and you have nothing to be ashamed of. Make it happen ... it looks like you already are :-)

8 minutes ago
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Always better to overshoot your goals, as I like to say.

And if this really turns out to be true, I hope that means they'll be getting back on the road soon with all the support they've received. I honestly don't mind if they have to cut a few shows as long as their journey continues through Championships week and they don't fold and/or cut the season short.

I hope they did ask for more than they needed. They should be able to get more at their show this weekend. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Or maybe they put together a plan for their year, and parts of it just didn't work out. Maybe they've had good luck with small-sized mid-season campaigns before, so they planned for some more this year, and for whatever reason, the public didn't respond. Until now.

Possible; but they would in all likelihood be the first corps in DCI history to get into a desperate hole needing $100,000 in 24 hours... with a sound business plan that just did not pan out.

12 minutes ago, dcpnewby said:

I was with you until this point.  The DCI adjudicators, at least the many I know personally, bleed integrity.  No equivocation, period.  By the way, welcome to the jungle!

Edited by Stu

3 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

At 5 p.m. (EDT), they were pretty much right at $74,000. I believe the campaign started at 11 p.m., which means they need to raise another $26K in six hours.

Since setting and meeting benchmarks is just what Legends needs to do to avoid finding themselves in this position ever again (because they'll never get this kind of support a second time), we may as well note where they need to be for the rest of the evening (all times are Eastern):

6 p.m. -- $78,333

7 p.m. -- $82,666

8 p.m. -- $86,999

9 p.m. -- $91,333

10 p.m. -- $95,667

11 p.m. -- $100,000

Actuals vs. Budget:

6 p.m. -- $76,420 (-$1,913)

7 p.m. -- $78,829 (-$3,837)

8 p.m. -- $80,301 (-$6,698)

9 p.m. -- $82,754 (-$8,579)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wigwam said:

Donated, wish I could do more though. 

Many of us feel the same way.   My family also sent the link out to Facebook friends.  There are those outside of drum corps that will help too.    Share on your Facebook. Even past today, check with your employer giving programs.  Some will match every dollar you donate - it's tax deductible for those who care.  

Give, Share, Volunteer.  Whatever we can.   This one is in our community.  We can do it!!!

https://www.classy.org/campaign/legendsnow/c138390

• Like 2

I just gave.  I'd like to see them plan better of course, but I'm sure they know that.  

Besides, who wouldn't want to be a part of seeing this succeed? 

• Like 2